My teaching method is English as an additional language or dialect. My lessons are adaptable for students of all levels and can be altered to match their needs and schedule. I connect the material to their lives to ensure retention.
I have been teaching EAL/D for eight years. I have worked with English speakers of all levels and ages from toddlers to retirees. I have guided my students to successfully study abroad and take the top prize in oral competitions.
Rates are negotiable based on student age, level and number of students (discounts for groups). Travel charge is based on less than one hour commute time. Free cancellations are acceptable up to 8am the morning of the lesson.
Yokohama Hayato Secondary School — Faculty
MARCH 2016 – FEBRUARY 2018 (Full-time), YOKOHAMA, KANAGAWA
● Teacher for junior high classes (9th grade) in the subject of English
● Teacher for senior high classes (10th-12th grade) in the subjects of English and Social Studies
● Created the 11th grade curriculum
● Lesson planning, wrote and graded tests and semester examinations
● Assisted students in extra curricular activities including academic excursions, competition speech preparation and conversational workshops
English Adventure — Team Leader
JUNE 2014 - OCTOBER 2017 (Seasonal), TSUNAN, NIIGATA
● Counsellor for the English Adventure summer camp in Japan.
● Managed and instructed campers (ages 10-15) in activities involving team building, leadership development, environmental awareness, and outdoor survival
● Responsible for the safety of the campers in an outdoor environment.
● Ongoing facilitation of their understanding of a foreign language.
Japan College of Foreign Languages — Instructor
SEPTEMBER 2015 - FEBRUARY 2016 (Full-time), TOKYO
● English Instructor for a vocational school in Takadanobaba, Tokyo
● Lesson planning adhering to specific textbooks for students (18-21 years old) in preparation for careers with international clients
● Teacher of graduating high school students in preparation for entering a vocational school.
● Proctoring examinations
YES! English Schools — English Teacher
SEPTEMBER 2014 - SEPTEMBER 2015 (Full-time), KAWASAKI, KANAGAWA
● English as a foreign language instructor for a family owned conversation school with five locations ● Worked with all ages from infants to the elderly.
● Responsible for creating lesson plans, tests, craft materials, & managing events/parties.
Kawasaki School District (via Interac) — English Teacher
MARCH 2012 - MARCH 2014 (Full-time), KAWASAKI, KANAGAWA
● English instructor for two elementary schools in the Kawasaki school district of the Kanagawa.
● Teacher for elementary classes (5th & 6th grade) in the subject of English
● Lesson planning & execution adhering to district textbook in the use of written & spoken English.
Further Education Work Experience
MARCH 2010 - MARCH 2012, JAPAN
• Taught in Japan from 2010 to 2018, primarily as an English as a Foreign Language Instructor • Taught a variety of ages from toddlers to retirees
• Extensive experience working with secondary and primary school students.
classroom management, private tutoring, competition speech preparation, activity coordination • A longer-form CV with detailed descriptions of these experiences is available upon request.
Working With Children Check — Employee Card
FEBRUARY 2018, VICTORIA STATE GOVERNMENT JUSTICE AND REGULATION
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|