My lessons are heavily informed by Kolb and Gardiner - if your child struggles with a concept, all care will be taken into exactly how they learn. For example, if your child has trouble understanding how to add, I might explain using examples (written, visual, auditory), fun activities involving manipulation or short videos. I start off using visual and auditory techniques, then slowly progress to a kinaesthetic approach to reinforce the concept in a concrete way. Assessment and continual reinforcement may be added at my discretion.
Hello! I am a recent Education Graduate from Australian Catholic University. I have been teaching students from Kindergarten to Year 10 Maths, Literacy, Reading and Writing for five years. I am accredited with the Australian Tutoring Association (ATA) and thus have the experience and knowledge to give your child the support they need. Give me a call!
Does your institution want someone friendly? Fun? Reliable? A joy to work with all to humans great and small? Give me (and my referees) a call! EMILIA LEONETTI
PRIMARY TEACHER, TEACHING ASSISTANT AND PROFESSIONAL TUTOR | FACEBOOK.COM/EMILIA-LEONETTI-TUTOR
- Can work in teams, collaborate and co-ordinate projects
- Can work at maximum capacity with children and adults
- Can to meticulously plan and implement engaging and thorough lessons which match the standards set by the Australian Curriculum and National Quality Standards
- Trained in vital literacy and numeracy strategies including Big Six method
- Can use Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other ICT programs to engage learners
- Accredited with the Australian Tutoring Association
- Holds an up-to-date Working with Vulnerable People Check, First Aid certificate, Anaphylaxis Certificate
VOLUNTEER LITERACY TUTOR • HUON LINC • FEBRUARY 2018 – PRESENT
Successfully teaches adults practical and relevant literacy skills using differentiated and engaging lessons.
TUTOR • SELF-EMPLOYED • FEBRUARY 2013 – PRESENT
Successfully planned engaging differentiated lessons for Stage 1 – 4 students struggling with concepts in the Australian Curriculum. Successfully liaised and collaborated with students, fellow tutors, parents and teachers. Performed own financial admin tasks and transactions.
TUTOR • POWER COACHING COLLEGE • JULY 2017 – DECEMBER 2017
Able to teach Australian Curriculum concepts in an engaging and differentiated way that is clearly understood by clientele. Students competed work at a higher and more successful rate than peers. Students also received higher scores on exams and class work.
TUTOR • TOP OF THE CLASS • NOVEMBER 2014 – DECEMBER 2017
Able to encourage and teach work specific to the primary curriculum. Able to plan and implement individualised and differentiated student IEPs. Students completed work at a higher work rate and success rate than competitors.
TEACHER • GLOBAL EDUCATION ACADEMY • JANUARY – DECEMBER 2017
Successfully planned a well-loved holiday program for classes of students in Stage 2 to ready them for the school term.
TUTOR • AUSTUTORS • FEBRUARY 2014 – JANUARY 2016
Successfully taught complex concepts for anxious students sitting exams, resulting in higher test scores than their peers. Liaised successfully with students and parents.
BACHELOR OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION AND DISABILITY STUDIES • 2017 • AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
GPA 4.25 – Desirable Education and Education Support degree. Extensive work experience in inclusive Primary and Special schools (Lewisham Public School, Bates Drive School, Guildford West Public School). Can teach both inclusive and mainstream primary classes, plan lessons around a set curriculum and help co-ordinate a class as a teaching aide.
HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE • 2011 • BURWOOD GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL
Successfully completed to further tertiary study.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND HOBBIES
- Toastmasters (2014-2016)
- Local Oratory Competition Winner in Australian Catholic University Oratory Competition
- Australian Catholic University Debating Team (2012-2015)
- Can speak English, French, Spanish and conversational Mandarin Chinese
- Can to play guitar and sing (half-decently)
• Fiona Cameron-McGill (former lecturer, (concealed information))
• Julie and Stewart Whitelaw (former employers, (concealed information) - they have also supplied a written reference)
• Stuart Adams (former employer, 1(concealed information))
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about literature lessons?
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|