I use Explicit Direct Instruction. This means I cover the theory needed to answer certain questions, give an example then have the students attempt questions. I make sure to include combination questions. Exam questions often combine concepts from two separate units (i.e. Projectile Motion and Electrostatics for Physics 12 or Equilibrium and Acid/Base Units for Chemistry 12.) Also I make sure students are shown how to overcome the twists that are often in exam questions that are designed to throw students. I explain how they can work through these twists.
I have been teaching in WA for over 10 years with a focus in both Chemistry and Physics. I am also excellent with high level Calculus and Algebra.
- Have had past students achieve 99.7 ATAR Physics scores on their WACE exams
- Have had 1/3rd of my Physics class achieve A on the Physics WACE exam
- Have had 1/4 of my Chemistry class achieve A on their Chemistry WACE exam
- Have studied both MOCK and WACE exams in great detail and know the trends and areas to focus on to maximise scores
Bachelors of Education University of Ottawa 2006
Bachelors Applied Science University of Ottawa 1990
Bachelors of Science University of Ottawa 1986
Canning Vale College May 2018 – to date
• Taught ATAR Physics 12 and Chemistry 11, Extension Science 8, 10 and General Science 8, 9 classes
• Assigned the lower level Physics 12 classes, successfully shifting students from D’s up to C level, resulting in a large spike in C level students compared to previous years and other state schools
Australian Islamic College April 2014 – Dec. 2017
(AIC - Kewdale campus, WA)
• Taught Physics 11 and 12, Chemistry 11 and 12, Science 10 extension, Science 7,8 and 9
• Designed the programme, lesson plans, open and closed-ended investigations, research projects for the new 2015-2016 curriculum for Chemistry 11 and 12 as well as Physics 11, and 12
• In 2017, seven out of 20 of my Physics 12 students obtained A’s on their WACE exam (none of these students received tutoring outside of the school)
• In 2017, one of my Physics 12 students achieved a Physics ATAR score of 99.7 percentile without any additional outside tutoring
• In 2016, six out of 23 of my Physics 12 students obtained A’s on their WACE exam (none of these students received tutoring outside of the school)
• In 2016, five out of 20 of my Chemistry 12 students obtained A’s on their WACE exam during the first year of implementing a new programme.
• Excellent WACE exam results with students ranking well-above state in physics since 2013 with constant improvements in WACE exam results each year
• My lesson plans for the topic of Special Relativity were reviewed by Mr. John Moschilla of UWA who presented at a STAWA conference. He loved how I presented the topic and stated via email that he would be borrowing from my material.
algebra lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$50|