My teaching method is highly student-focused and geared towards the application of theory. For this reason, I would initially offer a quick quiz at the beginning of the lesson, so that students can reconsolidate any areas covered in prior lessons. Thereafter, the structure of the lesson is split into theory, where I target the new concepts and harder questions, and student's application of this, through a number of questions. Particularly for Years 10-12, I seek to target the syllabus more to ensure that the student is equipped with the mathematic skillset to tackle any question, whilst offering more time to focus on harder questions.
I am a student, that recently completed the HSC at a highly competitive (top 20) NSW school. I mastered the updated Advanced and Extension 1 Maths Courses, as this contributed to my ATAR of 99.50. Further, I received an HSC mark of 99 for Advanced Maths and 98 for Extension 1.
I have the ability to communicate information easily and deconstruct topics so to assist students with their understanding of complex concepts, both of which have been displayed when I served as an academic mentor in the past.
For students studying HSC Advanced Mathematics in Years 11-12, my hourly rate would increase to $50 as I can ensure that my completion of this course is most beneficial to this age group, due to the countless amount of additional resources I possess.
I am also willing to tutor within any libraries on the North Shore if that is preferred.
- Selected for the NSW Opportunity Class Program (2013)
- Attained placement in North Sydney Boys, a top-ranking NSW Selective school (2014)
- Top 10% in the Australasia Maths Olympiad (2014)
- Outstanding Academic Achievement (2016)
- High Distinction (Top 2%) in the Australian Maths Competition (2016)
- Colours for Academic Excellence (2019 and 2020)
- Outstanding Achievement in Year 12 Studies Prize (2020)
- NSW Premier's All-Round Achievers Award for HSC (2020)
- NSW Top Achiever's Merit List (2020)
- 14th in NSW for HSC Business Studies from a cohort of 18,251
Perfect! Nimay is an awesome person. He is very kind and teaches thoroughly. My son likes to study Math with Nimay.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||Not available|