As a respectful, knowledgeable and passionate teacher, my mission on my vocational journey is to be dedicated to the intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth of each student. My primary aim is to provide differentiated educational experiences in a safe learning environment that challenge the creativity, initiative and ability of each student, and to nurture their ongoing development as contributing members of society.
As a teacher, it is my responsibility to know who my students are, what knowledge and experience they bring to the class and what they want to achieve so that I can cater a curriculum that fits their needs yet allows them to be challenged. By assessing students’ abilities I can provide the scaffolding necessary in order to build connections between what they already know and the new understandings they seek to create. Therefore it is my role to address each individual student’s needs and to cater for their varying learning styles through a range of different strategies, theories and practices.
I endeavour to intentionally build rapport with each of my students in which this will assist me to deliver learning experiences that incorporate specific interests in the classroom, therefore will motivate students to learn. As a teacher I aim to encourage a sense of wonderment in the world around us through fostering a love of learning, positive role modelling and enriching students’ lives.
I am a Australian primary school teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Primary). I graduated in 2014 and have recently returned back home to Sydney. I worked for 3 years in London UK as a primary school teacher and have recently returned back from Vietnam where I taught English to young learners for 6 months. I have a true passion for teaching and have had 8 years worth of experience across the ages of 0-12 years.
TEFL-TESOL Certification at TEFLEN Training College
Year of completion: 2018
Bachelor of Primary Education at Australian Catholic University Strathfield
Year of completion: 2014
Diploma of Children’s Services at Bedford College, Glebe, Australia
Year of completion: 2007
Position Title: English Teacher
Employer: APAX English Vietnam
Dates worked: April 2018 to September 2018
• Worked with Vietnamese children from ages of 4 to 6 years teaching them the fundamentals of the English language.
Position Title: Supply teacher
Employer: Protocol Education London
Dates worked: September 2017 to February 2018
• Worked across all key stages (nursery to year 6) in a range of schools in London, mainly West London.
• To cover classes to release teachers from school improvement activities and for longer periods when required including covering sickness.
Position Title: PPA/Supply Teacher
Employer: St Joseph’s RC Primary School High Gate, London UK
Dates worked: September 2016 to July 2017
• Worked across the whole school with students aged from 3 to 12 years of age.
• A firm understanding of the whole primary curriculum, along with being adaptable in all areas of learning and have the ability to work with all year groups.
Position Title: Fulltime Year 3 Teacher
Employer: Holy Trinity CE Primary School Sloane Square, London
Dates worked: January 2016 to July 2016
• Demonstrated the ability to plan and organise units of work following the in all areas of learning including Mathematics, English, Science, History, Geography, Art, Personal Health and Religion. The units of work were student-centred and incorporated deep knowledge and understanding.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about teaching methodology lessons?
Taking afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$48||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$275||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$460||$250|