I'm an easygoing, creative person and I like to focus on what will help you ENJOY learning! I tend to mesh best with students who like this fun, individual style of tutoring. I've had students who preferred to write stories for their classes, and some who wanted to go over essay writing in detail, and some who just wanted to practice their speaking skills; it all depends on what works best for each student.
I can help you with:
- accent reduction
- conversational English
- writing of any kind
- reading comprehension
- grammar, etc
- writing or telling stories in English
- and anything else that you need!
I'm a native English speaker, born and raised in Melbourne, with a gift for English and writing.
Some of my unique English achievements that I GUARANTEE no other English tutor you have seen has:
- When I was in grade six, I topped a national English test and was featured for it in the newspaper. The photographer made me sit in the tunnel in the playground and took photos of me for the article. Luckily I was wearing my favourite silver watch that day.
- I have submitted my writing to short story competitions, and came second in one competition and third in another.
- I studied English Literature and Japanese at Monash University, from which I graduated after having twice received the Dean's Recognition Award for Academic Excellence.
I greatly enjoy tutoring and have tutored many students in English, including ESL students of all ages, particularly in Japan, where I worked for a year.
I always developed a great rapport with my students, who all stayed with me for years and were happy with their results:
- One invited me to his primary school graduation!
- Another gifted me a pacman mug when she graduated high school. It lit up.
- Yet another emailed me out of the blue, FOUR YEARS after my last lesson with her, to tell me that I had been her favourite tutor, and she still remembered some of the things we talked about that even I had forgotten!
Other random facts: I'm fluent in Japanese (I studied it as a second language), played the piano for 8 years, studied a Cert IV in Design at RMIT. I'm skilled at creative writing, drawing, music, creativity and free-thinking, and enjoy incorporating these skills into my tutoring.
Perfect! I have only known Stephanie for a short time but she is very comfortable to be with. Each lesson is funny which makes it much easier to improve my skills. She always asks for feedback and any sort of question you might have at the end of a lesson. I like working with her.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with english speaking lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|