Learning should be FUN! I make my lessons entertaining for you based on your interests and English level. As I am an Australian, I am also very interested in sharing my culture and hearing about yours too. I can teach learners of any age and proficiency, but I'm especially great with kids :) You'll always look forwards to your lessons if I'm your tutor!
I am a recent UQ graduate in French and Linguistics and I have discovered my passion for teaching and helping others! I have an enthusiastic, friendly, and outgoing personality - I always have a smile on my face :) In the last 4 years, I have tutored French to beginners to help them excel in their UQ courses and I have volunteered teaching English in Nepal to students aged 8-17.
My travel charge changes depending on how far I have to travel (by car) - we can negotiate.
You can cancel for free up to 24 hours before the lesson start time. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the lesson, I will charge full price.
The University of Queensland - Bachelor of Arts (French & Linguistics)
Starting a Diploma of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at Tafe QLD in January
IES Mate at International Education Services (IES)
- Built rapport with up to 30 international students to assist their English language learning
- Guided students through difficult English homework when needed, up to 20 times per week
- Created engaging lessons to help explain difficult foreign concepts in depth
- Provided constructive and actionable feedback based on the specific student’s needs
- Curated activities based on strengths and weaknesses of student’s knowledge
Exchange semester in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Studied French language courses at one of the top 200 universities worldwide
- Navigated culture shock and difficult intercultural situations
Nepal – Volunteer Teaching
- 3-weeks of volunteering in a local school and 3-day trek in the Annapurna region of the Himalayas
- Designed and delivered English lessons to students aged 8-17 on topics such as: hygiene, the reproductive system, and environmental impacts
UQ French Society President
- Planned and delivered weekly French conversation classes to groups of up to 20
- Managed team of 10 to deliver semesterly events, delegating tasks and checking progress of team
- Coordinated logistics and ran 5 events, including ordering catering and booking venues.
- Hanging out with people and socialising!
- Piano and Bass Guitar player
- Artistic roller skater
- Learning Spanish and continuing to improve my French
- Bachata dancer
Perfect! She is good teacher!
Thank you Saki! I really look forwards to teaching Keitaro. He seems like a lovely and energetic boy.
Perfect! She's an excellent tutor, especially for children. I like her bright smile and her teaching is friendly with students with a lot of fun.
Julia and Juna are fantastic students and they are very attentive. Sometimes they can be a bit cranky in the mornings, but that's kids! I really enjoy teaching them English.
I know Kit through second language teaching university classes. She is very friendly and easy to talk to. In some class activities, Kit is tasked with presenting short ESL classes to peers which was inclusive of everyone and she was patient with mistakes and misinterpretations. Also having volunteered in Nepal for a month where she taught ESL, I consider Kit very experienced and mature. This is why she would make a great teacher.
Kit makes people feel at ease around her just from her smile. She has a happy & kind energy to her that would be perfect for nurturing students. She always explains things really clearly and quickly to you. You won’t regret having her as your tutor.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|