My teaching method is that I base on what students is currently studying in class and also what they already achieved and then focus on what they need to improve on. My students will be confident to work on every single problem, homework, and exam after they spend time to work hard with me. They will have a good grade and also relax time as well.
I was a math and science tutor during my time at Seattle Central College. My job was instructed on-on-one with students in developing study habits and critical thinking in the areas of general chemistry and calculus courses. During my time at University at Buffalo, I created a study group for undergraduate students and tutored them in general math, physics and chemistry courses during weekend. I worked as a tutor for years and I really want to help other fellow students in Orlando area.
I'm able to teach in English as well as Vietnamese.
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York August 2013 – May 2016
Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering
Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, WA September 2010 - June 2013
Associate of Science, Biochemistry
Lone Star College Houston, TX
Physics and Math Tutor August 2017 – December 2018
• Provided students with assistance in mathematics and physic courses in individual and group settings
• Improved students critical thinking and analysis skills in the math and physics courses
Espiritus Spine & Pain Rehab Houston, TX
Medical Assistant January 2017 – July 2017
• Obtained documents patient vital signs and weights, brief history, past medical, current medications, allergies and other pertinent historical information
• Prepared patients for injection procedure and followed established clinical and regulatory procedure in regards to patient care, radiation protection, and shielding techniques
• Performed radiological exam by C-arm X-Ray machine
• Maintained examination room and stocks
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Buffalo, NY
Biomedical Engineering Research September 2015 – May 2016
• Designed 3-D model of a programmable tumor-insert platform for a QUASAR respiratory motion phantom by using SolidWorks and Rhinoceros
• Constructed a prototype by using wood, motors, Arduino board, shields, precision tooling and CNC machine
• Developed motions in anterior-posterior (z-direction) and superior-inferior (y-direction)
• Achieved greater precision and accuracy for tracking lung cancer tumors for radiation therapy
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Chemistry Lab Assistant September 2015 – May 2016
• Prepared materials for chemistry class experiments including generating compounds, solutions and ensuring proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals
• Maintained the organization of the lab and troubleshot the use of lab equipment to ensure a safe environment
• Tracked inventory of all lab supplies
• Gathered and cleaned all lab materials to completely eliminate contaminants
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Biomedical Engineering Research October 2014 – December 2014
• Designed an experiment by using memory questionnaires, BIOPAC systems, and electroencephalogram (EEG) to study brain waves and their correlation to short-term memory
• Analyzed results of memory questionnaires to keep track on improvement of memory
• Collected brain’s signals from 10 volunteers via EEG systems
• Tested and evaluated gamma and beta waves by using BIOPAC software to examine how caffeine and meditation affect subjects’ brain rhythms
Department of Biology, University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Biology Research Assistant May 2014 – August 2014
• Dissected fly-larvae and kept all nervous system to view under super-microscopy
• Analyzed images of brains and nerves from larvae to study about Huntington’s disease
• Tracked and detected the axoplasmic transport of the protein in larval axon via MatLab
• Generated larvae with combined genes of Rab 11 and Huntington 138Q determined the number of blocked proteins
Seattle Central Community College Seattle, WA
Science and Math Tutor January 2012 – June 2013
• Instructed one-on-one with students in developing study habits and critical thinking in the areas of general chemistry, calculus courses.
Computer: SolidWorks 3D CAD, Rhinoceros, MatLab, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Laboratory: BIOPAC Systems, dissection, sterile technique
Languages: Fluent English, Vietnamese
HONORS & ACTITIVIES
Tau Sigma Honor Society February 2014 - Present
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society June 2013 - Present
Recreational Sports Official September 2014 – May 2015
Volunteer at Northwest Harvest September 2011 – December 2011
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about algebra lessons?
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|