Whether you're a student who's interested in studying Spanish and gaining international experience, or a professional looking to learn Spanish for business or trade, learning Spanish is a great way to broaden your worldview.
Spanish has always been a go-to language for English speakers to learn due to its practicality and wide reach. That said, it’s also one of the easiest languages to learn for English speakers.
This is because Spanish is one of the Romance languages, which derive from Latin same as many English words.
Do you want to find the right resources to study Spanish in the Gold Coast, Australia? Keep reading to find out all our tips!
Check out all the options to study Spanish in Sydney!
YouTube Channels To Learn Spanish
With the power of the Internet and social media, there are many great ways to learn Spanish.
While there is no doubt that they all require hard work, there is a platform that makes learning more enjoyable and can help you get ahead in your Spanish lessons: YouTube.
On YouTube you can do a variety of things and have a lot of advantages for learning Spanish:
- Listen and take notice of different Spanish accents and dialects
- Remember words and sentences thanks to the visual components that are part of the videos
- Do it in your free time as a sort of entertainment
- If you’re just starting out with Spanish and are still wondering if this is something you want to pursue, YouTube is risk-free, since there is no commitment
- It’s super easy to use and doesn’t require 3rd party apps or logins
- You will find millions of videos to choose from at all levels
One of the main things that draw people to YouTube for language learning is the fact that everything is 100% free.
That said, sometimes the quality of the content can vary so it is important that you have a good idea of the channels that are worth spending your time on.
If you are interested in studying Spanish in Canberra, Australia, head to our article here!
With that in mind, here is a list of YouTube channels to learn Spanish available to you:
- Butterfly Spanish: Ana is a native speaker (lives in a Spanish speaking country) and the tutor in this channel. In her channel, you will learn everything from grammar, vocabulary, phrases and pronunciation. Another advantage of Butterfly Spanish is that you will learn exactly how native speakers talk since Ana is an expert on the different specialties of Mexican Spanish, Latin American Spanish and Spanish in Spain. No matter if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced Spanish student, you will find videos to fit your requirements.
- SpanishPod101: This popular YouTube channel comes from a podcast project (which is not for free). The YouTube videos present small snippets of their content for free. They have tons of excellent videos and lessons so it's worth browsing their content to find the right one for you.
- Maria Español: Maria’s channel is one of the highest quality and most useful for Spanish learners. The only thing you need to bear in mind is that her content is through the medium of Spanish so you will need to have a foundation in the language to understand her videos.
- WhyNotSpanish: The aim of this YouTube channel is to show the use of Spanish. It is not so much about examples and grammar lessons, it is more about speaking(slowly) and providing subtitles when unfamiliar vocabulary is used. WhyNotSpanish features Maria, a Spanish teacher, and Cody, a Spanish learner. They have a different perspective and approach to the language which is super useful since a Spanish speaker may think something is not as important to explain, while a Spanish student will consider it super relevant.
- Tu escuela de español. The name literally means "Your Spanish school". They use Spanish subtitles and a few English ones as well. You will learn grammar, vocabulary and quotes as well as the main customs of Spain. The tutor also provides more exercises on a website and you can take Skype and online Spanish classes with her regardless of your level.
- Spanish Playground: If you are looking for a YouTube channel for kids, this is the right choice for you. It covers pretty much every topic that you would expect in a child’s language resource. They have a series called Buena Gente that’s enormously popular among older kids and might be worth checking out if you are an adult as well.
Which YouTube channel sounds like what you are looking for?
Want to know more about studying Spanish in Perth?
Spanish Schools In the Gold Coast
- The Language Academy: This school offers a Spanish course with a focus on core skills such as listening, speaking, reading and writing in Spanish. Students that enrol in this course can take part in a variety of interactive in-class activities and have the option of homework for those eager to study outside of class. They also provide access to extra learning material in their online learning platform, Moodle. They advertise the following as assets:
- Maximum of 8 – 10 students per class
- Multicultural campus with 8 languages on offer
- Personalised learning and quality attention from teachers
- Free after school tutoring (during self-study time only)
- Language clubs, with a mix of international and local students
- Modern computer lab with Apple iMacs, iPads and a SmartBoard
- Fantastic location in a vibrant city with friendly people
- Interactive lessons with guest speakers or activities each week
- TAFE Queensland: this institution is known for being Queensland's largest, most experienced training provider. They provide training across a range of industries from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees. They have campuses spanning the length of the Gold Coast region, from Coolangatta to Coomera as well as central locations in Ashmore and Southport. Their Spanish course is based on conversation. They aim to provide an introductory study in the vocabulary and structures of Spanish and to develop a functional level of communicative proficiency in the language. The course seeks to develop all the basic language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Students will also be introduced to various aspects of the society and culture of Spain and other Spanish speaking countries in Latin America through audio and video extracts and short texts. The aim is to have students accomplish the following:
- Have them correctly recognise, pronounce and use a wide variety of vocabulary in Spanish
- Have them write complete sentences and short paragraphs in Spanish
- Have them understand and use the basic structures of the Spanish grammar
- Have them read and understand basic documents in Spanish
- Have them use the internet to further their knowledge of the Spanish language and culture.
- My Language Exchange: If more than a school you are looking for a place to polish your conversation skills and practice, this might just be the place for you and your needs. The idea is for you to find a Language exchange partner in Gold Coast for live conversation. Following the Cormier method, you will practice with native speakers of the language you're learning, in small mixed groups of speakers of the two languages - ideally, between 2 and 4 people. Half the time, you will be speaking in the language you're practising, and half the time in your own language - to give your exchange partners a chance to practice too.
Which of these options for Spanish lessons in Gold Coast is best for you?
If you are looking for something more personalized in the shape of a private Spanish tutor in the Gold Coast, Australia, keep reading to learn more about how Superprof can help you out.
Private Spanish Tutors With Superprof
What is Superprof? Superprof is an online platform designed to connect students with private tutors who specialise in certain subjects.
From cooking to karate and accounting, our super tutors are experts in anything and everything you can imagine. Spanish is not the exception.
At the time being, we have over 600 private Spanish tutors in Australia ready to share their knowledge with you and help you achieve your goals.
Only in the Gold Coast, Queensland you will find more than 40 tutors specializing in Spanish with diverse profiles and backgrounds.
The average hourly rate for these private Spanish lessons is $29 dollars but this can vary, depending on the expertise and qualifications of your tutor.
How do you connect with them? Just make sure you find the right teacher for you, set an interview session with them and settle the objectives, temporality and details of your Spanish lessons Gold Coast.
Are you ready to study Spanish in the Gold Coast with Superprof? Reach out to one of our tutors and start learning everything about the language!
Find the best Spanish classes in Melbourne!
The platform that connects tutors and students