I would love to help you with whatever goal either face to face (I am flexible in the Sydney area) or online! I can create lessons for you or we can casually talk about any topics, be it sports, current events, or culture!
I am from Colombia, (so I am a native speaker) and I love helping people learn, especially when they are learning languages! I have found that when people engage with the content they learn very quickly and I am happy to chat in Spanish or help with the fundamentals so that you can reach your desired level most efficiently!
My name is Laura Cristina Zuluaga Gómez. I am a communication and media professional working in the art department on movies, short films, musical videos, and commercials. I have been around art all my life; I enjoy literature, theatre, visual arts, and music.
2013-2018 Bachelor’s degree in Communication and Audiovisual Languages with a major in Narrative assembly. The University of Medellín in Colombia (5 years).
2016 Academic Exchange. The University of Buenos Aires in Argentina (6 months).
06/2018 Diploma course: Directing and Acting for Film and Television - Jaime Isaza Cadavid Colombian Polytechnic in Medellín-Colombia.
07/2020 Introduction to Production Design for Film and Screen – Australian Film Television and Radio School (Online course).
10/2019 Halloween Makeup: Magic characters, skulls and anamorphisms – Characterization Laboratory El Muñequero in Medellín Colombia
04/2019 Beauty Makeup – Makeup academy in Medellín Colombia.
Company: 107 Projects Inc. Multidisciplinary Art Space in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
My primary duty is:
- To capture the best moments of workshops, art exhibitions, and performances held at the venues of 107 projects. You can find my photographs in the gallery on this organization’s website.
2020-Current Spanish tutor (Freelance).
I am currently teaching private Spanish classes in Sydney, NSW, Australia, and online.
My primary duties are:
- Create a comfortable environment where the student can risk making mistakes and learn from them.
- Resolve student concerns kindly and repeat as many times as necessary until the student is satisfied.
- Prepare Spanish grammar lessons focused on the level and interest of the students.
2018-2020 Art Department member (Freelance).
Companies: Vandalo TV, 36 Grados Company, Imaginer Films, Creative Team Máquina Espía in Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia.
I have worked in different art department roles, such as production designer, buyer, props, and art assistant. My work has been a freelancer in films, short films, music videos and commercials in different audiovisual companies.
My primary duties have been:
- Design the visual proposals from colours, textures, objects, and environments to tell the director’s story.
- Elaborate and purchase of props and elements following the production designer’s visual proposal.
- Assembly of the sets in location and solution problems may occur in the filming related to the props and the scenarios.
- Keep the continuity of the film’s scenes by resetting the set when scenes have to be repeated or made differently.
2008-2018 Sales Assistant (Christmas Season).
Company: Shanna’s clothing store in Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia.
I worked in customer service as a sales assistant in a casual women’s clothing store.
My primary duties were:
- Advise the people who visited the store to find what the clothes were offering them that best suited their style and the occasion in which they would wear the clothes.
- Promote an attractive and welcoming store space through colours and outfits on display.
- Receive and review merchandise delivered by suppliers and handle cash and card transactions.
Laura is a great teacher who understands how students think and goes the extra mile in explaining things that seem confusing for students. She is very meticulous in making sure you understand the concepts and using clear examples to solidify your understanding. Laura has definitely helped me improve my Spanish proficiency.
Laura has been a phenomenal teacher who has really helped me with my Spanish learning. She is a genuinely invested teacher who wants me to succeed. She is passionate and attentive and can fit the mood to how I am feeling! She is quick to answer any question and her bilingual status means that she is a master and can get you up to speed very quickly!
Laura and I are in a Spanish- English language exchange group together. Laura is a patient listener, speaks slowly and clearly. She is great at making use of our time together by coming up with conversation prompts and games. She follows up on things we discussed in previous sessions, which helps me commit new information to memory and ensures I am learning words I actually use. She offers phrasing and pronunciation suggestions in a kind and thoughtful way. When we find a word or pronunciation that is hard to clarify in either language, she is great at finding creative ways for us to learn together. These qualities make her a great person to learn from or improve your language skills with.
spanish lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - spanish lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - spanish lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|