I have a first class honours in science (psychology) in which I also studied mathematics physics and chemistry. I have followed this degree with 30+ years as a computational neuroscientist and a Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary). My research also allows me to practice my mathematics and physics, applying them to modelling human memory, learning, cognition and abstract thought.
I have about ten years experience tutoring years 9-12 mathematics, physics and chemistry .. both small classroom and one-to-one. During that period, I periodically substituted for unwell tutors of years 7-8 mathematics. This experience occurred after a year's teaching as a classroom science teacher.
* 1989-present - scholar in computational neuroscience
* 2007-2017 - tutor in mathematics, physics, chemistry and general science, primarily years 9-12
* 2005 - classroom science teacher
* 2004 - Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) at University Technology Sydney
* 1992-1994 - lecturer in neuroscience and cognitive psychology at Central Queensland University
* 1992 - successful application to present at the 2nd Annual Conference of the Australian Neural Network
Society (limited positions available) at University of Sydney
* 1991 - successful application to present at the Inaugural Conference of the Australasian Cognitive
Science Society (limited positions available) at University New South Wales
* 1989-1991 - tutor in introductory psychology and cognitive psychology
* 1988 - invited to speak at the International Congress of Psychology (Young Psychologist Programme)
* 1987 - Awarded the Australian Psychological Society Prize for first place in my honours year.
* 1987 - graduated with first class honours in Science(Psychology) at University of Newcastle, Australia
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about other sciences lessons?
Taking logic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$30||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$25||Not available|