I believe that it is fundamental to teach students the "musical tools," and knowledge needed to learn all types of piano music. There is no better way to do this than through a weekly lesson, which will help to ensure content retention by reinforcing a students studies.
Students will develop their musical ability and knowledge in a fun and supporting environment learning everything from note reading, rhythm, finger control and more. Students can decide to learn for fun - where they can choose pieces they want to learn or I can recommend some. Students can also decide if they want to do exams such as AMEB, ABRSM or ANSCAR, where they will develop their scales, sight reading, aural, technical ability, etc. I also inform and encourage my students to participate in competitions and concerts to help enhance their performing ability and confidence.
- Age range from 5 years old and above; adults are welcome to learn
- Suitable for Beginners, Intermediates or Advanced students
- Individual one-on-one lessons
- 30 mins, 45 mins or 60 mins lessons are available
I am a classically trained pianist having just completed my Bachelor of Music Performance (Degree with Honours) from the University of Melbourne. I majored in piano performance under the tutelage of renowned Australian pianist Janine Sowden. I started the piano at the age of 2 and started performing publicly in competitions at the age of 5, I also completed Grade 8 AMEB and AMusA by the age of 16 and currently have 5 years teaching experience since then. I began teaching piano lessons while I was in year 12, where I taught students from year 7-11 while also performing in several concerts and music festivals. Since moving to Melbourne I have performed in several concerts/churches/competitions and a maintain a full time performing and teaching career. I have performed in several masterclasses for renowned pianists including: Kenji Fujimura, Alexander Dossin and Jerry Wong.
Piano Teacher 2015 | Kormilda College NT
• Taught young, beginner kids from years 7-11.
Home Lesson Piano Teaching (2014 - present)
• Taught Beginner – Intermediate - Advanced Piano lessons.
• AMEB and ABRSM Exam preparations up to diploma and AmusA.
• Beginner Theory lessons (up to grade 4-5).
• Casual piano lessons.
• Eisteddfod/Recital preparations.
- Grade 8 AMEB
- Bachelor of Music Performance (Degree with Honours) - University of Melbourne
- Working with Children Check.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$90||$70|
|5 hours||Not available||$300||$350|
|10 hours||Not available||$550||$700|