- Hourly rate $60
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 14
1st lesson free!
Couturierecraft Jimmy Choo trained Conceptualise, Design, Measure, Pattern Engineer Sew in 1 hour
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
Although I do accept small Group classes, my speciality is 1 on 1 teaching where even a Beginner who does not even know how to handsew, can come with a desired project where we will Conceptualise, Design, Measure, Materials Lesson, Pattern Engineering and start on Assembly (via Sewing) in about 1 hour. Be it wanting to make/upcycle Apparel, Bags, Toys, Homeware, Footwear, Hat making or Quilting, I can help you bring your Designs to fruition in a succinct lesson for the time poor.
- Fashion Design
- Sewing machinery
- All Levels
With a degree in Textile Management from UNSW (Sydney) and Graduate Certificate from Cordwainers College (now known as Central St Martins, London), I have worked in the Textile Clothing and Footwear industry for over 20 years. I have been teachings over 400 (1 on 1) students at Spotlight (Singapore) for the past 6 years with students male and female ranging from 6 years to 85 years old.
Perfect! Thoroughness and commitment
- Dallene's response : Thank you Kamani for your kind review. Despite already knowing how to sew, Kamani was very attentive, keen and open to learning more streamlined and efficient methods to construct her own patterns sans measurements and also produce a more polished finish on her garments. I look forward to our next lesson to further refine these techniques.
Excellent! Good at pattern drafting and measurements.
- Dallene's response : Mala was a very knowledgeable student with a lot of amazing prior skill sets. She prepared and ensure she equipped well as requested prior for our lesson thank you and glad to have assisted and added to her amazing product and service offering that she has in her retail spaces. All the best Mala and team in your future endeavours and direction.
Perfect! Dallene is a fantastic teacher. I explained exactly where I was starting from and she tailored all my lessons accordingly. She made it very simple to understand and fun - would always recommend Dallene
- Dallene's response : Julian was an excellent student who was coming from a beginner's level in pattern engineering and sewing construction especially and was very willing to learn which we accomplished over several sessions.
See more reviews
- 5h: $600
- 10h: $1000
All my classes are 1 on 1.
1) Beginner's Level (1.5 hours) - the minimum rate quoted at $60/hour is for 1 pax with no prior sewing experience or prior knowledge. For example, basic pattern construction and hand and machine sewing principles and how to construct either a reversible tote bag, cushion cover or table mat with piping, upcycled from fabric scraps/ underutilised household items. Alternatively, kindly give details of the project you wish to learn at Beginner's level.
2) Intermediate level will assume some prior sewing knowledge/experience. The Intermediate level rate quoted will be dependant on the project type, complexity and duration required from the learning experience be it for Apparel, Homeware & Soft Furnishing, Accessories or Toys. Typically, an Intermediate level class (1.5 hours) aims to bring a student's bespoke Concept/Project to fruition. This can be in the from a Design sketch, a 2D Image from an online photo/ Magazine or an existing sample that needs resizing, refreshing or reproducing. Depending on the need, aspects of Design, Fabric Properties & Yardage, Measurement Taking, Pattern Engineering and some assembly on the machine will start from $150/hour. Thereafter should a student wish to have further lessons for more Designs for example, a choice of the 5 ($600) or 10 hour ($1000) package is available with the remaining payment for the packaged class must be paid in full at the start of the subsequent class for the discount to apply
All rates quoted are for 1 pax and are for 1 on 1 learning. Any additional observers or participants who may be actively or passively present in class must be declared and advised to Couturierecraft prior to the session and additional charges per pax will apply for any observers/ participants who may be present during the arranged class time.
Couturierecraft will typically provide all tools and equipment where possible during tuition but not materials such as butcher paper or remnant fabric for demonstration/practice or any elements required for note taking.