Business activity is a feature of everyone’s life. Throughout the world people engage in
a web of business activities to design, produce, market, deliver and support a range of goods
and services. In addition, investors, consumers and employees depend on the business sector
for much of their quality of life.
As a course, Business Studies is distinctive in that it encompasses the theoretical
and practical aspects of business in contexts which students will encounter throughout
their lives. Conceptually, it offers learning from the planning of a small business to the
management of operations, marketing, finance and human resources in large businesses.
Through the analysis of contemporary business strategies the course also provides rigour
and depth and lays an excellent foundation for students either in tertiary study or in future
Contemporary business issues and case studies are embedded in the course to provide
a stimulating and relevant framework for students to apply to problems encountered in
the business environment. Students also investigate business planning and use a range of
information to assess and evaluate business performance. The role of incentives, personal
motivation and entrepreneurship, especially in small business, is recognised as a powerful
influence in business success.
By completing this course students will develop general and specific skills, including research,
analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, critical thinking and communication. These skills
enhance their confidence and ability to participate effectively, not only as members of the
business world, but also as citizens dealing with issues emanating from business activity.
Business Studies fosters intellectual, social and moral development by assisting students to
think critically about the role of business and its ethical responsibilities to society. In addition,
a significant feature of Business Studies is its relevance to the full range of HSC students, as
it provides useful knowledge and competencies for life.
• Unit Convener (Contractual), School of Business (Spring 2017 to present), School of Business, Western Sydney University
• Financial Economist (Casual), Macro Economical Trend Division (2012 – present), Finarchitect Australia Pte Ltd, Australia
• Lecturer and Tutor (Contractual), School of Business (February 2016 to present), School of Business, Western Sydney University
• Lecturer, Department of Business Administration (September 2012-January 2014)
East West University, Bangladesh.
• Adjunct Lecturer, School of Business (January 2012-August 2012)
Independent University, Bangladesh.
• Adjunct Lecturer, School of Business (January 2012-April 2012)
University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh.
• Mentor (2011)
Australian National University, Australia.
• PhD in Business (2016 to Thesis Submitted)
School of Business
Western Sydney University
• M.Phil. in Business and Management (2014 - 2015)
Major in Bank Management
Aberystwyth University, United Kingdom.
• Master of Business (2011)
Major in Finance
Australian National University, Australia.
• Bachelor of Commerce (2010)
Major in Professional Accounting (CPA Certified)
Macquarie University, Australia.
• Assessed as General Accountant (ANZSCO 221111) by CPA Australia.
• Assessed as External Auditor (ANZSCO 221213) by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
PROFESSIONAL AND RESEARCH TRAINNING
• Completed two day workshop on “Asset and Liability Management” by
Finarchitect Australia Pte Ltd, Australia (2014).
• Completed 35 hours training course on “SPSS and Applied Statistics” at
The Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka (2012).
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
• Phd Thesis paper accepted at IFABS 2017 Conference with JBF (A*) Special issue organized by New York University and University of Nottingham.
• Western Sydney University Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2016 (International) – PhD.
• PTE SCORE - 84 out of 90.
• IMLIS Taught Masters Scholarship 2014, Aberystwyth University.
accounting lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with economics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about business management lessons?
Taking commerce lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|