I aim to teach students to understand how and why each thing works as they learn, to gain a full conceptual understanding and so they can leverage what they learn in the best ways possible. I will explain things in as many different ways as needed to help all students to feel confidant in their abilities. I want to ensure my students love programming and the huge array of things you can do as much as I do.
I have been coding in python since I was around 10, and love spending all my free time making projects like simulations, automation, virtual assistants, and other things that interest me. I am very fluent in Python and am the kind of person that likes to know how everything works -- a trait very useful for helping explain things to students. I had taught a number of my friends during my Python unit at uni, and had assisted many students to succeed in my classes once I had finished the exercises. I received 99% for this unit.
I am a highly motivated person who has determination that is shown in my academic achievements and awards, and consider myself to have good interpersonal skills and love working with others. I enjoy figuring out mental challenges and finding creative solutions, and my passions are highly reflective of this.
- 2017: 2nd for the 37th Beijing International Youth Science and Technology Competition
- 2018: Winner of Shenton SOUP and runner up of Perth SOUP competitions
- 2016: Winner for State - WA Young Information Communication Technology Explorers Competition
- 2018: Work Experience at the UWA Centre for Software Practice
- 2019: Completed ATAR Computer Science
- 2020: 99% for a Python focused unit at Curtin University
- Python, C & AppleScript (& learning C, C++ and Bash scripting)
- Technological support (I helped many students and teachers at my high school, and still frequently assist family and friends and fix devices)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about programming
Perfect! Ben is an excellent tutor with an amazing knowledge base. He is really helping me achieve my goals with my project. His communication throughout has been outstanding and I would not hesitate to use him again in the future.
Perfect! Clear and precise.
Step by step approach on problem solving
Provides links for further explanation and knowledge
basic computer lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with computer programming lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about python lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$225||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$436||$400|