I seek to create opportunities for the students to talk in English about things that interest them. This will show them that I am interested in what they have to say and what they like. I seek to maintain a positive and encouraging atmosphere for these experiences to take place and don’t mind getting off track temporarily, since we can always get back on track later. My overall goal isn’t for the students to learn scripts or how to answer questions correctly; rather, I want them to feel comfortable with spontaneous, authentic communication in English.
I taught English in many countries for over 30 years - Mexico, Spain, Italy, USA, Ireland, Australia ... I am a qualified interpreter and translator and speak Spanish, Italian and French fluently. I also have a good knowledge of German, Portuguese, Latin and Gaelic.
Travel charge can vary according to the distance involved
- I was the Academic Director of one of Dublin’s largest and most successful English language schools (ESL) for 11 years, from the time of its inception.
- Prior to that I spent a year as Academic Director of another large English language Institute in Dublin (Linguaviva) and 6 months as Academic Coordinator of an English language Academy in USA for foreign students.
- I have taught English as a second language in various countries for over 30 years and am fluent in Spanish, Italian and French.
- I hold an honours degree in English from Maynooth College, an Irish university founded in 1795.
- In my teacher training year at University College, Dublin, I specialized in language tuition and obtained first place in a class of almost 170 teacher students.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$100||$150||Not available|
|10 hours||$200||$300||Not available|