Start with me from week one (first class is free), attend each class, put into practice the skills we cover and you will:
* improve every aspect of your Creative, Critical, Speech, or Poetry writing
* enjoy the creative process
* be proud of your literary output; and
* achieve a high band E3 or 4.
As a writer, I personally understand the sustained, and at times agonising, effort required to succeed in producing a Major Work, and the gnawing doubt that can affect a student’s ability, or confidence to complete (too many students discontinue! Though none of mine ever have).
I bring this personal understanding to all of my students, and not only assist them in completing the Course to a high standard, but also producing work they can be proud of, and happy to read many years later.
I have guided students for over seven years through the complex requirements of the English Extension 2 Course and under my guidance and mentorship all of my students have improved their writing/composition, research skills and their internal rank.
I specialise in mentoring students in the preparation of Short Story(ies), Poem(s), Speech writing and Critical Response.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts (English Literature and Art History) with First Class Honours and a Juris Doctor all from the University of Sydney. I am currently undertaking a Master of Creative Writing (30,000 word composition with exegesis) at USYD.
As a brief overview, I assist my students with:
• all stages of planning and completing the Major Work, Journal and Reflection Statement;
• developing an extended composition which demonstrates depth, insight, originality, skills in independent investigation and textual integrity;
• your ongoing, systematic and rigorous investigation (independent research) into your chosen area;
• all of the internal assessments including the Viva Voce, Report, and Draft Major Work and Reflection on progress
Each class I provide students with a practical skill, that will not only assist in the Extension 2 Course, but also in their personal and academic lives beyond the HSC. I provide below a brief introduction, and summary, to my teaching timetable for short story composition:
First term of HSC Course (term 4):
• assist you in identifying an area of personal interest from your study of the preliminary and HSC English Advanced, and Extension Courses
• Workshop on research and research methods
• establish the foundations of your Major Work journal
• Establish a proposal and preliminary concept
• Prepare for the Viva Voce
First term into Second term (Term 4 to Term 1):
• Introduction to the rudiments of narrative (using literary examples):
• language, grammar, structure and punctuation
• Narrative point of view and narrative voice
• Style and technique
The Christmas holiday, and term 2 are dedicated to sustained, focused and practical composition (executing, and finalising a full draft of your Major Work).
Term 2-3 is dedicated to editing of the Major Work (a minimum of 8 weeks) and finalisation of the Reflection.
First class to discuss your concept is free ((concealed information) or (concealed information)
I am a creative writer (fiction and part-time poetry) who is currently completing a Master of Creative Writing at the University of Sydney. I was previously a lawyer and have been tutoring high school English for the best part of a decade.
BA (English Literature) (USYD)
Master Creative Writing (USYD)
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with literature lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about creative writing lessons?
Taking year 12 exam preparation lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$80||$80||Not available|