- Hourly rate $24
- Response Time 19h
- Number of students 30
1st lesson free!
ENGLISH ONLINE TUTOR - IELTS COACH! HAVE FUN learning and keeping up a great English level - Let's practice online!
- by webcam
One of our best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Andrea will be happy to arrange your first ESL (English) lesson.
About the lesson
My classes are based on an effective teaching. First I explain concepts. Then I give to students handy examples in an interactive session. Finally we apply vocabulary and grammar in a specific case to use what we learn in each class. Besides, I love role games to strengthen concepts and words in context.
- ESL (English)
- Business English
Accent Reduction - English
- All Levels
I am a fun English Teacher with experience living in USA & Australia. I have a certification for teaching IELTS and I have prepared different people for both types of exam written and computer delivered test. I enjoy what I do and I have fun teaching.
Perfect! Andrea is an amazing tutor. She helped me a lot in preparing for IELTS test. She is very knowledgeable and communicate very well. Highly recommended.
- Andrea's response : Rachel is a calm and thoughtful student. She starts faining more confidence in her language skills. Little by little, I've seen how she has improved applying new vocabulary and grammar structure to her verbal and written compositions.
Perfect! Quick response and good skill to teach international students
Perfect! My first lesson was great! Andrea spent plenty of time assessing my status and she gave me a complete explanation of her methodology, additionally, Andrea carefully heard me about what do I want to achieve.
- Andrea's response : Victor has been a remarkable student. He is dedicated and takes time to practice on his own. He is great listener and he makes sure the content learnt in class is useful in his daily life.
Perfect! Andrea is Super great as a teacher and also a very nice person. I really had a lot of fun learning English with her. She is very committed and gave me heaps of tips to improve my grammar that I found really useful. I highly recommend her as a prof over time so you can practice slowly and nicely!
- Andrea's response : Jeremy is passionate student with an inquiring mind. It has been an enriching experience. While he is learning I get to know about his culture, boost his knowledge and guide him to employ grammar rules correctly.
Perfect! I had Andrea as a teacher for 2 months to prepare my IELTS academic test. She was nice since our first lesson togheter and she caught immediately my needs. Although we had some internet connection troubles, she was always well prepared for the lessons and she gave me a lot of useful tips to get an higher band score.
- Andrea's response : Alessio is a persistent, inquisitive and passionate learner. He has clear goals on how to improve his English level. He is highly engaged in his Language learning process, and even with his own lifestyle he makes sure to follow his main goal to increase his vocabulary range. So far, he has done a fantastic job. He is few tips away from getting his desired Ielts score. Keep the hard work!
Perfect! Andrea helps my a lot with my pronunciation as well with strategies to face the Ielts test . She is patient and enthusiast on teaching English and help her students inquiries you may have.
- Andrea's response : Classes with Franc have gone great. He has intellectual curiosity and every day in class he has doubts to be solved. Since we practice all 4 skills for Ielts exam, he has shown a positive performance building-up his confidence to work on those skills he struggles the most.
Perfect! Andrea is an extremely dedicated teacher, very organised, motivated and I feel that she really loves teaching!
I'm really honoured to be her student
- Andrea's response : Italo did not answer to the messages I sent him to meet the first time.
Perfect! Andrea es excelente profesora, hace que las clases sean divertidas y se aprenda lo que se requiere, conoce mucho del idioma y lo maneja muy bien. Recomendada al 100%
- Andrea's response : Aura was a great student. She loves to learn and enjoy each lesson. She is fun to be around and has an easy laugh. For her, there is no age to learn and I enjoy to be part of her process. Keep up with that great energy!
See more reviews
I have been studying with her for 3 months and I am happy that she is doing her best to teach me. She knows my weakness in English so she is trying to fix it and making me familiar with speaking English.
Andrea is a very patient and dedicated teacher. She helped me prepare the IELTS providing the necessary tools and using an individual approach. Thanks to her, I developed my confidence especially in the writing and speaking part of the exam. I would recommend her since she was always well prepared and able to meet my needs.
Es una súper profe!!!
Es exigente, amable, empática, respetuosa, cumplida, maneja muy buena metodología, enseña de forma dinámica y creativa.
Andrea da tácticas para mejorar la pronunciación, esa es una de sus grandes fortalezas. Su magnífica pronunciación le permite enseñar de forma amena, genera entusiasmo y a mi como alumna, me motiva a esforzarme y poder aprender más y más cada día.
Súper recomendada !!!
Tiene muy buen material de vocabulario y ejercicios. Además está muy pendiente a tus necesidades
Excelente profesora. Con ella se afianzan las diferentes competencias del idioma: habla, comprensión lectora, escritura y escucha. Pero, en especial, lo conversacional.
Es una magnífica profesora, se enfoca a cada situación y objetivo en particular (exámenes internacionales, aprender inglés), sus clases son dinámicas y tiene varios recursos de enseñanza, videos, lecturas, noticias, juegos etc. Es muy paciente y su pronunciación permite entender muy bien así no se tenga un nivel alto. He mejorado bastante y continuo aprendiendo y practicando con Andrea.
Andrea es excelente profesora, usa mucha pedagogía en las clases y las hace muy prácticas. En las clases por videollamada, facilita el aprendizaje y la pronunciación. En definirá la recomiendo!. Gracias Andrea!!
View more recommendations
- 5h: $120
- 10h: $240
Unless we find a point in between, I will charge 10AUD more for travel expenses.
Learn more about Andrea
1) Did you grow up speaking this language? Or were you inspired by a trip abroad, an individual or a certain aspect of the culture?
English has become my Second Language. I got inspired to teach English after I took the first course in a good quality language institution. I understood what it is, the advantages I can get from knowing it, and how I can use it in order to communicate my ideas in a totally different way. With English things are explained straightforward.
2) Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
It is hard to just mention a character. All I can think of is the American animated sitcom, The Simpsons. They were always part of my childhood and one day, I heard it in English. The fascination of learning words and expressions grew watching this funny and sarcastic TV show. It helped me to keep up with my learning goal and build part of my pronunciation foundation.
3) Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or expression in the language that you particularly like?
It is not that I like it, but there is a word I learned in context and it really surprised me when it came up. This word was DATE. For me, it was just 'day/month/year'. I was not aware of its second meaning and I was forced to learn it when I lived in the USA for a year. By that time, I was learning English immersed in an Anglo-Saxon country. I was really shy and I kept conversation simple with people who spoke English. After the first couple of times, I went out with an English native speaker, he thought we were "dating". In my culture we hang out with friends, if we are interested in each other, we let the other person know and that is it. We do not label that situation. One day, he told me this word DATE and I had a cultural shock. I was confused at first but I let him know I was "dating" nobody. Despite the whole misunderstanding, he took time to explain to me that 'date' is not just a number in the calendar but also a way to say you go out with the person you have a crush on. From that experience, I got that words are not just symbols but also they have a wide range of meaning that represents culture as well. Since then, for me words can be small and beautiful written but they may bring with them a deeper meaning.
4) Why does speaking this language matter to you?
Speaking this language has allowed me to reach many goals. Have unique jobs, meet awesome people and get access to unbelievable information.
5) What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
People only do exercises and practice the skills they feel good at. An example of that is how some people say they can read and listen with little difficulty. But if they are exposed to speaking or writing, they run away. Most are afraid to commit mistakes. They may not feel they have the right tools to produce what they are expected to after so much input with listening and reading.
All four abilities in English are important and people need to practice them individually due to the fact that they are so different from each other. Include in your study plan exercises with all skills and give extra time to those you struggle with the most. Finally practice every day at least a couple of minutes switching the skills if you like, because that would be the only thing that makes you better.
6) Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
At school, I only translated books and copied my friends' homework. It is something I am not proud of, but that was the first contact I had with English. Fortunately, years later I had the chance to go to a great place to study and with a conversational focus. It was the moment I start talking like a toddler.
7) How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
I travelled to the USA and lived there for a year. This year I improved my English level and also grew personally. I became more fluent and I learnt expressions that helped me to speak almost like an English native speaker. I also learnt that if I speak, it does not mean I know how to write. The lack of practice can affect someone's performance.