I strive for my lessons to be as enjoyable as possible in order to create a fun learning environment for children to be comfortable in. My tutoring is aimed for students particularly in primary school and early learning stages of their life.
A Typical Lesson Structure:
1. Recap of previous lesson with quizzes or fun games
2. Introduce new concept with real-life applications and basic maths
3. Short and simple exercises to be given to gradually work one's way to standard maths equations for topic
4. Visual stimulation (eg. youtube video)
5. Learning exercise/s - reward system incorporated (eg.lollies or stickers)
6. Concise formula recap
7. End of lesson
I am a high school student, currently attending Mckinnon Secondary College. I am a year 9 student with an average maths test score over 95% and great communication skills showed in my experience of umpiring. This is my first time tutoring and I would love to meet new kids and engage fun and creative learning. I teach primary school students, particularly involving grades 1 - 5. Leadership is one of my strongest skills represented in my two-year experience of football umpiring. I also have a leadership position currently and was formerly a house captain in my final year of primary school. My intellectual skills are supported by my academic excellence awards given to myself and others at the end of the school year, 2018 and 2019. I would love to give a helping hand and strive so that not only I can be the best I can, but you and your child can too.
- Tennis captain (2017)
- House Captain (2017)
- Football Umpire (2018 - present)
- Academic Excellence Award (2018)
- Junior School Council Representative (2019)
- Academic Excellence Award (2019)
- High School Leadership position (2020)
Eliza is one of my good school mates, who is a dedicated and hard worker. Once she sets her mind on something, she always gets it done, in a thoughtful and clever way. Eliza is especially talented when it comes to maths. She is able to solve problems quickly, yet understand how they work. She has helped me understand different math topics better, and is patient when explaining how they work. I would recommend Eliza as a tutor because she has great knowledge on maths, but is also considerate and shows great teaching qualities.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$20||$20||Not available|
|5 hours||$75||$75||Not available|
|10 hours||$150||$150||Not available|