I make my teaching fun yet challenging. It's more interactive and not at all lecture based. Teaching and learning is a success for me as I believe and follow learning by doing approach. I use a lot of technology for my classes as this aids in the learning process.
JACQUELINE is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
Hello, I’m Jacqueline, a native English Speaker living in Melbourne. I have a Masters in English, Bachelor in Education and a Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) from RMIT University, Australia. I am also a certified IELTS Trainer by the British Council.
I have been passionately teaching the English Language for over seven years.
I train candidates in developing their receptive (reading and listening) and productive (speaking and writing) skills to either successfully achieve their desired scores in IELTS/PTE or to be well versed in the English Language. I make learning fun, interactive yet challenging.
*You'll receive a discount of $15 for a 5hours pack.
*You'll receive a discount of $50 for a 10 hours pack.
Face-to-face classes will incur an additional fee.
• An enthusiastic and conscientious teacher with an ability to tune in to students’ needs and interests.
• Over 6 years of teaching classroom experience in both primary and secondary schools.
• Proven capability of strong classroom management skills and delivering student-centred lessons.
• Effective communication skills with individuals from different cultural backgrounds, including the capability to liaise with parents, staff members and students.
• Expertise in both developing thorough and independent lesson plans and creatively incorporating materials and technology into lessons.
• Maintain continuing professional development in the area of teaching English to non-English speaking students training and curriculum.
• Demonstrated good IT skills and digital literacy.
• Monitor learner and assessment process and provide student learning support including reporting of students’ results.
• Demonstrated experience in reflecting upon practice and engaging in professional learning to continually improve the quality of teaching.
August 2020 – Present Volunteer Tutor at Melbourne AMEP
• Conducting online group conversational classes twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
• Taking one on one ESL classes via Zoom for beginner level learners.
• Enabling learners develop their receptive and productive skills.
• Preparation of tutorial lessons using appropriate materials.
• Providing on the spot feedback including error correction
• Planning engaging and interactive online lessons
• Maintain records of tuition provided and timely reporting to the team.
• Remain up to date with VTS (Volunteer Tutor Scheme) programs.
March 2020 – Present Pristine Australia Migration (PAM)
• Delivery of IELTS/PTE online classes to overseas students.
• Preparation of lessons and learning resources as required.
• Monitor their progress and provide timely feedback.
• Writing blogs related to IELTS/PTE exam preparation.
• Making YouTube videos on IELTS/PTE.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (overseas- Kolkata, India)
Birla High School: Full time Classroom teacher and English Language teacher
Sep 2015 – Feb 2019 Responsibilities:
• Monitor the progress and overall development of learners from different age groups (primary education).
• Demonstrated creative and innovative teaching practices to provide rich learning opportunities for students.
• Hosted annual school events such as Sports Day and Annual Concert.
• IT co-ordinator including being responsible for developing and maintaining progress reports online.
• Conducted regular Parent-Teacher meetings and providing feedback and support to parents on a timely basis.
• Assisting students with individual needs with extra support after school hours, including helping them with their studies.
• Organised various curricular and co-curricular activities at school.
• Supervise and assist students with additional needs within the classroom environment.
• Editor of the annual school, including proof reading and selection of articles for the magazine
Agrasain Boys’ School: Full time Classroom teacher/English Language teacher
April 2012 – Sep 2015 Responsibilities:
• Management of individual student’s progress, assisting with learning and behaviour management of secondary school students.
• Liaise with the principal and parents about the students’ progress.
• Promote the well-being of the students at all times.
• Prepare a variety of lessons to grasp and engage students, including the use of digital tools like power point presentations, teaching via smartboards etc.
• Proven ability in dealing with students facing emotional, social and behavioural issues.
• Developing the receptive and productive skills of the learners and assessing their progress on a regular basis.
Private tutoring: Part time English Language and Literature tutor
April 2005 – Feb 2019 Responsibilities:
• Assisting and supporting students prepare for academic subjects in a fun and interactive way.
• Lessons delivered with primary focus on grammar, vocabulary and developing reading, writing, listening and reading skills.
• 2020: Cambridge English Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages CELTA (Pass B grade) at RMIT English Worldwide, Melbourne
• 2019: Masterclass for IELTS Trainers by British Council, India
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (overseas- Kolkata, India)
• 2016: Masters in English
• 2012: Bachelor of Education
• 2010: Bachelor of Arts
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• 2012: Distinguished Achievement & Contribution to the B.Ed Department
• 2012: Cursive Writing Grade A- Certificate of Merit
• 2012: Windows & MS Office 2007- Competency Certificate
• 2010: Loreto College Alumnae Association Medal - All round Contribution to College life
• 2010: Dr. P.C. Ghosh Memorial Prize: Best History Student
• 2009: Loreto College Samagam (Annual Concert) - Committed support
• 2008: Proficiency in History- Certificate of Merit
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
• 2020: Action Research English Colloquium hosted by English Australia
• 2020: Networking Skills 101 Program- City of Sydney
• 2020: Understanding IELTS Reading and Writing- British Council (Future Learn)
• 2020: Teaching English Online- Cambridge Assessment English (Future Learn)
• 2020: IELTS Academic Masterclass- RMIT English Worldwide
• 2018: POCSO Act- Awareness workshop
• 2017: Enhancing your Role as a Teacher in the 21st Century School
• 2014: Enhancement of Listening and Speaking Skills
• 2014: Communication in the 21st Century Classroom
• 2012: The Dynamics of Values- UGC Sponsored National Seminar
Perfect! I had 15 hours of IELTS lessons with her! She is very professional and helped me improve my mistakes and knowledge. I eventually achieved my target band and got accepted from the university I applied to. 100% recommended!!
Perfect! Jacqueline was absolutely incredible. She really helped me grasp the different concepts I need to before my exam and was very patient with me. The results we great. Definitely recommend!
Nicole is a smart and quick learner who can think on her feet. She is absolutely focussed. She is sure to excel with a little guidance in the right direction. It was a pleasure interacting with her.
Perfect! Highly recommended. Helped me get an even higher score than I wanted on IELTS.
Perfect! Jacqueline is a very understanding and involved teacher. The content of her lessons really helped me to understand the expectations of the IELTS academic and to reach my goal. I recommend her without hesitation!
A cheerful and excited person, with a willingness to develop and improve her English skills. A valued leaner who's sure to reach her goals with some guidance.
Perfect! Fantastic teaching from Jacqueline, had 5 lessons with her and got an 8.5/9 overall.
An enthusiastic person who thinks on his feet and has a mind of his own. He is a quick learner. A gentle push in the right direction is what Glen needs to reach his goal.
Perfect! Jacqueline is really understanding, she has lots of knowledge and such a kind person.
A talented and cheerful person, who is very expressive. He has a positive attitude both towards work and study which is noteworthy. With some guidance, he's sure to achieve his goals.
I met Jacqueline at an English teacher training course here in Melbourne. Jacqueline is a dedicated and hardworking teacher and attained the qualification with a higher standard compared to others. Her lessons are well planned, engaging and professional. I recommend Jacqueline to all students who would like to improve both academic and general English skills. Her commitment will make your English learning a pleasant journey.
Jaqueline and I completed the CELTA course at RMIT English Worldwide earlier this year. During this intensive course, she displayed both her exceptional teaching skills and experience. She also showed creativity and attention to detail in her work to ensure a quality end product. She has a warm and engaging personality and is confident in her ability. She is a team player who will always help when required. Jaqueline would be a great asset to any teaching organisation and is a pleasure to work with.
Jacqueline is an experienced and highly qualified language teacher who is always passionate about teaching. She is equipped with professional teaching skills in her previous teaching career. She really inspires me a lot in teaching language.
I studied teaching with Jacqueline and she is an excellent teacher with a friendly and patient attitude. She is very hard working and will strive to make your lessons feel enjoyable and rewarding.
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with esl (english) lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$55||$55|
|5 hours||Not available||$260||$275|
|10 hours||Not available||$500||$550|