I am a strong believer in visual learning, as well as clear instruction and delivery of content. I have also seen the value of regular assessments in checking for student understanding. Students are encouraged to ask questions and as an experienced teacher, I can quickly identify instances where students may need a little encouragement in order to do this.
I have been teaching for over 6 years now predominantly in the areas of HASS and PE/Health. This has enabled me to become very proficient in my areas of expertise. I have also accumulated a high level of knowledge and teaching experience in junior level Science and Religious Education.
January 2015- Present: St. Norbert College: Middle School Teacher
• Planning and co-ordination of programming and assessments for year groups 7-10 in a range of subjects, such as HASS, PE, Health Education, Science, Religious Education and Textiles
• Effective communication and feedback to parents on student progress and well being
• Adaptation of lessons to suit a range of differing abilities from Enrichment to Extension classes
• Interpretation of student data to increase the standard of reporting and inform student learning goals
• Implementation of Curriculum Adjustment Plans and Individual Education Plans to increase effectiveness of student learning
July 2014- September 2014: Canning Vale Primary School: Part-Time Year 6/7 Teacher
• Planning and implementation of Yr 6/7 lessons: Eng, Maths, History, Geography, PE and Health
• Liaising and communicating effectively with both staff and parents
• Use of a range of ICT strategies and visual cues to enhance student learning
October 2013- December 2013: Cootamundra High School PE/Health Teacher
• Teaching PE/Health and Social Lifestyle and Recreation from years 8 to 11
• Planning and implementation of daily lessons and setting of assessments
• Teaching extra classes in a range of other subjects
• Engagement with other departments in order to integrate cross curricular links
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with geography lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about civics lessons?
Taking religious education lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||Not available|