My name is Finley, I am 17, and a current year 12 music student at Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts! I LOVE MUSIC :)
My target Audience:
- Primary School students (All ages)
- Year 7, 8, 9, 10, High School students
- Beginner and/or Intermediate Guitarists
- Electric and/or Acoustic guitarists
- Song-writers are welcome!!
My teaching methods include:
- Practicing finger exercises and finger picking
- Learning the basic chords and shapes
- Learning various strumming patterns
- How to smoothly change from chord to chord
- How to utilise both finger picking and chords at once
- learning to identify and create unique chord progressions
- How to solo in any key, using a variety of expressive techniques
- Learn to read guitar tablature
- Students can bring their original ideas, riffs, progressions, etc. to the lesson, where we further develop it into a sick song!!
- Students can ask to cover any song, and we can replicate it or create our own version of it
I base my classes on how my own guitar instructor has taught me since kindergarten. He is a qualified music teacher and has been tutoring for over 20 years - teaching me for 11 years - so his excellent insight to effective teaching methodologies has transformed me into a great teacher.
I have been playing guitar for 11 years, and have taught it to various people for over 4 years, including adults and students, at all skill levels. I have been commended by my High School's Music department as an excellent guitar leader and instructor - being placed as a senior leader in my Elite guitar Ensemble at School. I am constantly collaborating with other peers and music teachers in my school ensembles, including the song-writing ensemble, where people have flourished under my guidance and further developed their musical abilities. I am strongly passionate about musical creativity and always encourage that my peers and students can freely express their ideas.
Outside of school, I am the lead guitarist in a hard rock/progressive rock band and perform at various venues across the Illawarra, including: La La La's Wollongong, Ryan's Hotel Thirroul, and the ArtHouse Cafe Port Kembla. I also invest my time and passion into my song-writing duo, where my mate and I record lots of our original content and collaborate with a renowned and talented conductor/music teacher of the Illawarra. As I come from a very musical family, I have grown up listening to a diverse array of music and am open to teaching all different styles and genres.
- Yr 12 Auditioned Music Student at WHSPA since Yr 7
- A current Elite Guitar Ensemble leader since Yr 10
- Performed in many musical competitions & eisteddfods
- lead guitarist in a Progressive Rock Band for 3 yrs
- Have released original songs onto Triple J
acoustic guitar lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with electric guitar lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about bass guitar lessons?
Taking rock guitar lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$25||Not available|