My approach is to help students understand how to solve problems and how to think instead of rote-learning. I consider myself to be patient and kind in my teaching, and I find great pleasure in helping students achieve their goals.
I have been tutoring high-school students for the last four years. Generally, I find some students need an additional hand with their studies because they haven't had sufficient one-to-one time in their school classroom. Other students want to reach a bit higher in their education and tutoring can be a time for them to expand their knowledge and skills.
My background: I studied at the University of Melbourne and achieved first-class honours average in Science, majoring in Genetics. Therefore, Science is the subject I am especially interested in teaching. Additionally, I have taught Maths, English, Geography and History in my private tutoring and at the educational centre I work at.
University of Melbourne
• Bachelor of Science, Major: Genetics, 2017
• Diploma in Languages, Major: Spanish and Latin American Studies, 2017
RMIT English Worldwide
• Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), 2017
Edu-Kingdom College, Footscray February 2019 - Current
• Taught classes of primary and high-school-aged students in subjects including
Mathematics, English, Science and Reasoning
Chess Mates, Brisbane March - September 2018
• Organised and taught chess classes for primary and pre-school aged students
Chin Refugee School, Malaysia July 2018
• Taught classes of primary- and high-school aged students in Maths and Science
In2Science 2016 - 2017
Science Tutor and Mentor:
• Mentored high school students in Science schools in Melbourne
• Presented Powerpoint presentations about the importance of Science and Technology
I’ve known Alex for eight years. He has always been a helpful and patient tutor especially for subjects that I struggled with. He is engaging and always tries to make sure that I understand properly. I highly recommend Alex for others seeking the same results.
Alex is an authentic and friendly person. During the lockdown in Melbourne, I have the fortune to witness his (online) tutoring classes every week.
- He works with students to solve problems, he demonstrates the underlying principles and methodologies rather than jumping into conclusion.
- He engages students whenever possible by asking questions and guiding discussions.
- He is adaptive as he adjusts his teaching approaches according to students' needs.
- To me, there is a connection between him and the students, they are like friends who sail across the knowledge ocean.
Alex is one of the most patient and intelligent persons that I have ever met. I enjoy the conservations we have which range from biology, history to many others; and he always explains kindly. His knowledge would be of great help to students since it can stimulate their curiosity.
I have studied science alongside Alex at university and worked alongside him as a chess coach. In my 5 years of knowing him, he has been a very approachable and studious person, with a keen passion for science. Alex is also a very enthusiastic teacher who is able to keep a class of school children engaged and interested.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about other sciences lessons?
Taking science lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|