I can provide specific tuition on all aspects of the core LLB courses (as well as a number of other law electives) at the student's request. I am also able to: discuss sample questions and exam techniques; read over practice answers written by students; and provide general guidance for longer essay-writing projects like coursework, dissertations or articles.
I am admitted as a Lawyer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
I graduated from Griffith University in Queensland with a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (with Distinction). I also graduated with the University Medal, the highest award in recognition of academic excellence.
During my studies at Griffith, I received the Griffith Award for Academic Excellence on five separate occasions (2020, 2019, 2016, 2015 and 2014). My 12,000-word Honours Law thesis (which received the Dean's Thesis Runner-Up Prize) was published in Volume 31(2) of The American Review of International Arbitration at Columbia Law School, New York.
I ranked 1st in my cohort for: 5195LAW Theories of Law; 5194LAW Evidence; 6001LAW Legal Research Methods; and 3012EHR Applied HRM and Change. I also ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively for 3016LAW Constitutional Law and 4025LAW Corporations and Associations.
I have received offers for both the Master of Law at the University of Cambridge and the Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) at the University of Oxford. I will be pursuing the Oxford BCL as the 2021 Magdalen College Oxford Australia Scholar.
I have worked for leading international law firms including Herbert Smith Freehills (Hong Kong and Sydney offices) and King & Wood Mallesons (Hong Kong office). I also have experience working for a professional tutoring company. I consistently help my students improve their grades and their writing and studying skills.
Available anytime on Weekends. Please enquire regarding Weekday evening availability (after 5pm).
See my LinkedIn (Shaun Milligan 米肖恩) for further details
Admitted as a Lawyer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
• Incoming Bachelor of Civil Law candidate (University of Oxford) (Master of Laws equivalent)
• Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
• Bachelor of Laws (Class 1 Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) (with Distinction) (Griffith University)
• Bachelor of Laws Electives (The University of Hong Kong) (exchange semester)
• Mandarin Language Study (National Taiwan Normal University)
• University Medal (the highest award in recognition of academic excellence);
• 2019 Law Dean's Award for Academic Excellence (awarded to the 20 highest achieving students in Griffith's Bachelor of Laws across all year levels. I ranked equal 1st with 17 other LLB students in a combined cohort of 1256 LLB students);
• 2019 Law Dean's Thesis Runner-Up Prize for the most oustanding LLB Honours thesis;
• 2020, 2019, 2016, 2015 and 2014 Griffith Award for Academic Excellence (top 5% of all Griffith students based on GPA);
• Business Dean's List for Academic Excellence (completed the Bachelor of Business with a GPA above 6.5);
• 1st in cohort for 5 courses;
• DFAT New Colombo Plan Scholarship;
• ACYA-Mandarin Training Centre Scholarship;
• Ian Wilson-Guy White Magdalen College Oxford Australia Scholarship.
• Learning and Teaching Academy Steering Committee Undergraduate Student Representative;
• Griffith Honours College ambassador and student mentor.
• The 27th Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot;
• The 4th Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) Australia Vis Pre-Moot.
Perfect! Shaun is very approachable, knowledgeable, and encouraging. Prior to every session, Shaun asked what was the best way for me to conduct the session and what scope I would like to cover. This reassured me that he understands that we all learn differently.
Shaun was always positive and was able to show me that I was not 'a complete zero' in the subject (as I felt at that time). He explained Constitutional law concepts, which were very confusing for me at the start, in plain and clear language which was important for me because English is not my first language. Shaun also shared some great tricks and tips about the structure of the research essay on the chosen topic.
I would highly recommend Shaun as a tutor!
Perfect! Shaun helped me with my contract law case assessment. He was amazing! I would not have got through this subject without his help. Highly recommend.
criminal law lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with business law lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about civil law lessons?
Taking law lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$60|