What I will teach your child:
1. Essential insights on what the great players do to shoot more accurately. (Hint: it’s to do with where you focus on, how to position your feet to generate power, how to position your arms to create a consistently straight and high arc. Different great players use different forms and techniques to score. It’s like there are different weapons you can choose from. I will teach one package that works.
2. How to better drive past your defender. (It’s to do with how to position your own body and how your opponent positions their body. Anyone can drive past their defender but the goal is simply to get in front of your defender so he’s behind you and not beside you to block your shot. There are specific techniques you need to utilise, which I’ll share with your child.)
3. Crossover (the one secret tip on how to actually do a crossover. Everybody does normal crossovers but that’s not what your child wants to learn. They want to learn how to do a Kyrie or James Harden crossover. It’s just one key that makes the difference but nobody on the internet teaches it. I know because I tried to learn it for 2 years, each time improving on some aspect of it but it still wasn’t a killer crossover. Then one day it happened. It’s just one technique.)
4. Great dribbling/handles. The secret is how to allow the ball to rest in your hand for longer without carrying. It’s the reason why current NBA does many more new dribble moves than players in the past. The technique basically came from Iverson.
5. Great individual defensive. There’s not as much good teaching on personal defense available as there are on offense. Where you place your hands determines where your center of gravity is. Players trip because of incorrect position of their hands, which makes them unable to shift their center of gravity quickly which is why they trip over. Maintaining the correct hand position ensures you always stay balanced even if you’re defending very aggressively against a great ball handler. This is used to guard against opponents who are good at driving. But if your opponent is a great shooter, then you have to change your hand positions and guard his shot at all times. Even if you never block their shot, if you consistently make them alter their shot then you are playing great defence. There’s also a specific technique for poke stealing the ball to be a good lockdown defender.
6. One tip on rebounding that makes all the difference
7. One secret scoring technique that I haven’t seen anybody else teach by any of the top coaches online. Neither have I seen any NBA players use this specific version of this scoring move but I’m sure that they do, I just don’t remember seeing it. So it’s currently very rare but it shouldn’t be because of how effective it is.
My role for your child would be as a skills coach. I enjoy playing and learning basketball. I have a special interest in studying and dissecting moves and techniques. I will improve your child’s scoring, dribbling and personal defense. I have learned a key psychological insight not taught anywhere else that can instantly make your child more confident in games and possibly completely transform the way they play the game of basketball.
basketball lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||Not available|