As a teacher for over 12 years, I have worked with many different people and learned many different ways to teach and connect with my students. I combine different teaching styles and methodologies depending on your personal needs and focus on feedback and error correction to push you through your limits and boundaries. Our classes evolve based on your progress as well as your goals.
The British Council, ESADE, Southampton University, these are just a few of the organisations I have worked with over the years to help individuals realise their English dreams. I am an intuitive, methodical teacher that uses my knowledge and experience to hone in on your necessities and work creatively to help you improve. I have a Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign language and a BSc Hons Degree in Psychology, plus over 12 years of teaching different ages/levels and types of English.
Writing lessons are more expensive due to the amount of preparation involved. (55ph)
One to one online teaching.
Private online/Face to face classes: Sept 2018–Present
• Running my own language consultancy classes focused on coaching my students through their English language learning.
• Scheduling the classes, keeping impeccable digital notes/feedback on each student’s progress and communicating via ‘What’s App’ and email between classes to keep student on track and build rapport.
• Billing and accounting.
Online Tutor: Fluentify: March 2019- June 2019
• Developing goal orientated lessons to meet client’s needs.
• Actively listening to guide and correct client’s whilst speaking.
• Documenting progress via the Fluentify platform and feedback function.
• Delivering individualised feedback and personalised follow-up tasks to encourage autonomous learning.
• Interacting with students outside of class using the integrated chat system on the Fluentify platform.
• Correctly using the Fluentify platform to monitor bookings and lessons.
Demo Specialist, Hujiang: Nov 2018–March 2019
• Using Hujiang Education Platform Management system to deliver online classes to potential clients giving them a memorable experience whilst testing their English level.
• Recording feedback and level on the platform directly after each class.
• Communicating via ‘Wechat’ with the Teacher support staff and operators in China.
• Being responsible for all technical equipment and being prepared for potential glitches.
Blended Learning Tutor/Telephone Tutor, Go English: Dec 2011-July 2013
• Working with English 360 to monitor students’ online learning whilst delivering online Business classes to small groups using Adobe Connect.
Other teaching experience
Level tester/Sub/YL Teacher, British Council: Oct 2015-Sept 2018
• Responsible for level tester potential clients whilst focussing on selling them appropriate course.
• Substitute teacher required to be available to teach any level/age at short notice.
• YL teacher capable of delivering project-based lessons as well as developing task-based classes tailored to the students’ needs to aid motivation and engagement.
Business English Tutor, ESADE: Oct 2014-March 2015
• Preparing students for the BEC Higher Exam.
• Teaching Law and General English to master’s students.
• Using Moodle to manage administration of classes and students.
Summer Course Tutor, EOI Sant Gervasi: Summers of 2011-2019
• Teaching using project based tasks.
• Working with a range of ages and levels.
• Incorporating digital technology in class via projects and Wikis.
• Generating an organisational system to log continued assessment and exam results so as to tailor the classes accordingly and maximise the time in class.
Pre-sessional Listening/Speaking tutor, University of Southampton: Summer 2014
• Preparing international postgraduates in Academic English for master’s programmes.
• Using the university’s own LMS to document continual assessment of students.
Coordinator, Go English: Dec 2011-July 2013
• Communicating and liaising between teachers, students and staff in Pompeu Fabra University to ensure professional development and students’ progression during the course.
• Using Excel to record and report on exam results of students whilst detecting any potential issues where intervention may be necessary.
Materials Writer, Go English: Dec 2011-July 2013
• Working as part of a development team for a Blended Learning course, working remotely, creating teaching/support materials for the teachers.
• Proofreading and editing materials meticulously before publishing online.
• This role required excellent digital communication skills via Adobe Connect, Skype, email and telephone as we were a remote team. All communications, including meetings, were conducted via the available technology at the time.
I have worked and been a friend of Michelle's for many years. She is one of the most enthusiastic and driven people I've ever met - she's generally just a good person to be around.
She's very human and empathetic and truly understands the needs of the individual. She will inspire and motivate you to learn and there will never be a dull moment.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Michelle for several years now and I can confidently say she is one of the most dedicated and professional teachers I have ever worked with. Her attention to detail and preparation are exemplary and above all, she is an incredibly kind and thoughtful person. If she becomes your teacher, you can consider yourself very lucky indeed!
Simon, language school owner
I worked with Michelle as a fellow ESL tutor for a large Chinese education company. She is an intuitive and caring teacher who always shows great commitment to her students. Michelle is able to tailor her material and alter her approach to suit individual learners because she is so experienced and knowledgeable. I can't recommend her highly enough; any student would be lucky to have Michelle as their English teacher.
Michelle is a fabulous teacher! Really enthusiastic, she uses new teaching activities
that combine fun and learning and I am sure you will improve a lot your English with her!! I can only remember good things if her classes, you won't be disappointed at all.
Michelle is the best teacher you'll ever have. She plans and prepares the lessons so you get the max from your time. This, at the same time means that you'll want to give your best and consequently your progress will be faster. She is very good at giving you the tools to tackle your weaknesses and engaging materials that motivate you to work hard. She is extremely professional and dedicated.
Do not miss the opportunity to work with Michelle!
Michelle is my best friend's sister and we have had many conversations regarding teaching and learning styles. I myself, have trained and qualified, to teach adults a vocational qualification as well as achieving and required in English, maths and ICT. Michelle is very passionate about teaching and ensures that her delivery of learning is an exceptional standard. Michelle is an excellent teacher who strives for the best.
Michelle is the best English teacher I have met so far (and I have attended language schools and also had private teachers).
Each lesson is tailored for me and modified for my needs. After each class I get a ‘feedback form’, what I should correct + homework, which motivates me to work more and makes me remember more. She applies selected methods and materials that help me to understand more.In addition Michelle is very professional, has linguistic study (so definitely she knows how to teach, and what kind of techniques to use). She is very positive, full of good energy and cheerful, so time goes even to fast during the lessons and I am always in a very good mood after the classes with her.
Michelle is absolutely a Superprof! I was living a moment where I felt totally blocked on how to improve my English. Michelle helped me to engage myself again. The classes are super dynamic and most importantly; I feel that I am learning. The lessons are completely adapted to what I need for my job.Michelle is very patient and she is always interested in making sure that I understand everything we work in class.
I absolutely recommend Michelle
I met Michelle two years ago as an English teacher in my city Barcelona (Spain)
Since then she has taken English class for me every week and I am really very satisfied with her for her knowledge, her professionalism as a teacher, she is pleasant but at the same time very demanding, which is highly appreciated because she takes her profession seriously.
In summary, I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of English
I have known Michelle for about a year and a half. She is a brilliant teacher. She helped me to improve my speaking part of English and at the same time, we revised many Grammar rules. I highly recommend her to other students. She is a wonderful person, really great human being. Polite, wise and kind. You will not regret it for a second if you take a course in English with Michelle.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$450|