Providing fun and inspirational lessons, keeping in mind the goals we have set at the start, I help students make the most of their time and achieve their goals.
With an established academic background, I use a wide range of methods and approaches, with a frequent focus on the Communicative Approach, to meet individuals' needs depending on their learning styles and preferences.
Whether you would like to practice conversational English, pronunciation, IELTS, TOEIC, etc., please feel free to contact me.
I graduated from Flinders University in South Australia with a Master's degree in TESOL, and I have been teaching English as a second language for more than 10 years. I'm now teaching migrants and refugees through TAFE, and international students online. It is my passion to help others achieve their goals and be the best they can be!
- QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
Master of Teaching English as a Second Language Flinders University
Bachelor of English Teacher Education Can Tho University
Diverse WA Cultural Competency Training Government of Western Australia
- WORK EXPERIENCE
AMEP, TAFE - Home Tutor and Classroom Tutor (Jun 2020 – Present)
• Helped migrants and refugees learn and improve English skills to communicate effectively with others in the community
• Built learners’ confidence to start a new life in Australia
Self-employed - English Teacher (Feb 2020 – Present)
• Helped international students improve lexical resources, grammar and pronunciation, and communicative skills in a culturally diverse environment
• Developed students’ self-efficacy and inspired them to achieve their personal goals
Can Tho University - English Language Lecturer (2009 – 2020)
• Delivered engaging and high-quality lessons using innovative approaches and technology to help students develop all English skills, public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
• Prepared assignments and organised examinations to provide constructive feedback for students’ academic and personal growth
Gia Viet English School - General English, IELTS and TOEIC Trainer (2009 – 2017)
• Conducted fun and engaging General English classes for all types of learners from beginner to advanced levels
• Trained students to master strategies and skills for TOEIC and IETLS tests
Perfect! Emma is the best! She is extremely kind and accommodating, she helped me overcome my mental obstacles and consistently encouraged me to practise speaking and immerse myself in English. I noticed a new mindset and saw a new progress in my English journey, especially with my speaking.
It was great talking with you! A conscientious, hardworking, and eager student. It's a pleasure being your teacher and I look forward to our future sessions together!
Highly recommend! Emma is my most favourite teacher on Superprof! She is full of enthusiasm, dedication and well-versed in many areas! Emma reignited my passion for English and most importantly, she never ceased to inspire, empower and instill a great sense of confidence in me. Learning English with Emma is extremely pleasant with many deep conversations about this world. She is the teacher that always strives to make a difference in her students' lives!
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|