My teaching methodology would be highly dependant on the students needs and learning style. However, in general my approach would be systematic with a combination of practical and theoretical lessons.
I personally find a varied teaching experience more fullfilling for the majority of students. For example: use of a standard text, quizzes, painting, flash cards, cartoons, field trips, etc.. etc..
I am a writer (specialising in non-fiction and science communication) and wildlife biologist. I am tutoring to fund my post-graduate studies. I have tutored at UQ and have previously been employed as a learn-to-swim teacher. I possess a wealth of theoretical knowledge paired with practical experience across multiple fields.
If I am required to travel greater than 40km from Toowoomba or Warwick then an additional travel fare may apply. This is open to negotiation.
Cancellation fee applies if not notified within 24hours of scheduled appointment.
A brief overview of the more pertinent roles I have held:
I lead guest experiences that were land (safaris, quad tours and hikes) and water (airboats) based. I imparted specific knowledge of plants and animals but also weather systems, Aboriginal culture and ecological and geological processes. When not leading clients I conducted general and mechanical maintenance as well as administrative tasks.
Duties included: environmental health practices; rostering; resource management and procurement; gardening and medical aid.
Key skills: adaptability; team work; communication; organisation; medical aid in a remote area; flora and fauna identification; tracking from scats, tracks and traces; basic mechanical knowledge; piloting airboats and problem solving.
School Assistant/ Assistant to the Vice-Principal
I supported the Vice-Principal in their role. I co-cordinated science week and established and lead a Bird Watchers group. I also assisted in class supervision, lesson planning and learning engagement.
• Small mammal and reptile survey for Scotia Sanctuary, Australian Wildlife Conservancy
• Field technician and GIS data entry for Black Breasted Button Quail study
• Tutor for trapping practicals (ANIM1026, UQ Gatton)
• Tutor for Certificate IV Captive Animal Handling practicals
• Field technician for population study on Julia Creek Dunnarts (2015 and 2016)
• Assistant bird bander
• Surveyor for Honours project on novel feral pigeon control method
• Tree planting for Land for Wildlife and the University of Queensland
• Student representative at University of Queensland open days
• UQ Wildlife Association
• Youth representative on the St Mary’s Parish Pastoral Council
• Establishment and coordination of youth group
I am tutoring to fund my post graduate studies in environmental sciences and science communication.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons?
Taking school coaching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|