Having completed four practicum placements at four different schools ranging from teaching year 1, year 4/5 and year 6, I am experienced in teaching a range of students. I structure all my lessons based on the specific learning needs of the individuals I am teaching and am experienced in differentiating the learning activities and curriculum to suit specific abilities and learning needs.
My name is Paula. I am a graduate teacher having recently completed my Bachelor of Education (Primary) with a specialisation in English at Edith Cowan University. During my studies I have undertaken almost six months of professional practice in schools, ranging from year one to year six, which has provided me with a strong, growing knowledge of child development as well as the learning proficiencies that are acquired across the year levels.
Bachelor of Education (Primary) with a specialisation in English
Employer: Peter Carnley Anglican Community School
Period of employment: 24/04/17- 29/06/17
Position: Year 6 ATP Teacher
● I developed, in collaboration with my mentor teacher, a five week forward planning document for literacy and numeracy, as well as a ten week forward planning document for Science which covered the content outlined in the year 6 curriculum.
● Taught and assessed students’ levels of ability across learning areas and successfully implemented cross curricular opportunities to broaden their learning experiences.
● Assessed and reported on student learning, receiving high praise from my mentor describing my achievement level as outstanding.
Employer: Charthouse Primary School
Period of Employment: 17/10/16- 25/11/16
Position: Year 5/6 Pre- Service Teacher
● Successfully integrated ICT across a range of learning areas which included incorporating the class set of
ipads and laptops into learning activities, utilising apps such as ‘Popplet’ and ‘Explain Everything’ to
enhance engagement and student achievement.
● Gained experience in modifying a range of learning experiences in different learning areas to cater for a
student with ADHD and another with dyspraxia.
Employer: Baldivis Primary School
Period of Employment: 24/08/15- 25/09/15
Position: Year 1 Pre- Service Teacher
● Learned to employ a range of evidence based teaching and learning strategies to enhance student learning and achievement.
Employer: Rockingham Lakes Primary School
Period of Employment: 20/10/14- 7/11/14
Position: Year 4/5 Pre- Service Teacher
● Ability to develop a strong rapport with the students in my class within a short time by utilising my calm,
interested manner, ensuring the students responded to my instructions. My mentor described my abilities
in this area as a strength.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|