My biggest strength is understanding the learners and their needs. I have always been an approachable teacher and my learners value that. Moreover, because of the years of experience I've had, I have interacted, taught and learnt a great deal from every student. Each learner is different and unique, and so I have successfully managed to tailor my lessons as per the need of the hour. My students love me also because I make lessons fun and interactive. Since I love teaching, it reflects in the way I prepare my lessons and in my teaching methods.
I am an English teacher by profession, with over seven years of experience teaching the English Language including Grammar. I hold CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from RMIT University along with Masters in English. I have been successful in my teaching and I take pride in being a teacher. I enjoy making a difference in the learner's life through teaching, developing their skills and confidence and it also gives me a level of satisfaction when they achieve their desired goals. Finally, both my leaner and I share the same joy and happiness that comes with improvement.
For online classes: You save $3 if you sign up for 5 hours.
For online classes: You save $10 if you sign up for 10 hours.
• An enthusiastic and conscientious teacher with an ability to tune in to students’ needs and interests.
• Over 6 years of teaching classroom experience in both primary and secondary schools.
• Proven capability of strong classroom management skills and delivering student-centred lessons.
• Effective communication skills with individuals from different cultural backgrounds, including the capability to liaise with parents, staff members and students.
• Expertise in both developing thorough and independent lesson plans and creatively incorporating materials and technology into lessons.
• Maintain continuing professional development in the area of teaching English to non-English speaking students training and curriculum.
• Demonstrated good IT skills and digital literacy.
• Monitor learner and assessment process and provide student learning support including reporting of students’ results.
• Demonstrated experience in reflecting upon practice and engaging in professional learning to continually improve the quality of teaching.
August 2020 – Present Volunteer Tutor at Melbourne AMEP
• Conducting online group conversational classes twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
• Taking one on one ESL classes via Zoom for beginner level learners.
• Enabling learners develop their receptive and productive skills.
• Preparation of tutorial lessons using appropriate materials.
• Providing on the spot feedback including error correction
• Planning engaging and interactive online lessons
• Maintain records of tuition provided and timely reporting to the team.
• Remain up to date with VTS (Volunteer Tutor Scheme) programs.
March 2020 – Present Pristine Australia Migration (PAM)
• Delivery of IELTS/PTE online classes to overseas students.
• Preparation of lessons and learning resources as required.
• Monitor their progress and provide timely feedback.
• Writing blogs related to IELTS/PTE exam preparation.
• Making YouTube videos on IELTS/PTE.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (overseas- Kolkata, India)
Birla High School: Full time Classroom teacher and English Language teacher
Sep 2015 – Feb 2019 Responsibilities:
• Monitor the progress and overall development of learners from different age groups (primary education).
• Demonstrated creative and innovative teaching practices to provide rich learning opportunities for students.
• Hosted annual school events such as Sports Day and Annual Concert.
• IT co-ordinator including being responsible for developing and maintaining progress reports online.
• Conducted regular Parent-Teacher meetings and providing feedback and support to parents on a timely basis.
• Assisting students with individual needs with extra support after school hours, including helping them with their studies.
• Organised various curricular and co-curricular activities at school.
• Supervise and assist students with additional needs within the classroom environment.
• Editor of the annual school, including proof reading and selection of articles for the magazine
Agrasain Boys’ School: Full time Classroom teacher/English Language teacher
April 2012 – Sep 2015 Responsibilities:
• Management of individual student’s progress, assisting with learning and behaviour management of secondary school students.
• Liaise with the principal and parents about the students’ progress.
• Promote the well-being of the students at all times.
• Prepare a variety of lessons to grasp and engage students, including the use of digital tools like power point presentations, teaching via smartboards etc.
• Proven ability in dealing with students facing emotional, social and behavioural issues.
• Developing the receptive and productive skills of the learners and assessing their progress on a regular basis.
Private tutoring: Part time English Language and Literature tutor
April 2005 – Feb 2019 Responsibilities:
• Assisting and supporting students prepare for academic subjects in a fun and interactive way.
• Lessons delivered with primary focus on grammar, vocabulary and developing reading, writing, listening and reading skills.
• 2020: Cambridge English Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages CELTA (Pass B grade) at RMIT English Worldwide, Melbourne
• 2019: Masterclass for IELTS Trainers by British Council, India
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (overseas- Kolkata, India)
• 2016: Masters in English
• 2012: Bachelor of Education
• 2010: Bachelor of Arts
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• 2012: Distinguished Achievement & Contribution to the B.Ed Department
• 2012: Cursive Writing Grade A- Certificate of Merit
• 2012: Windows & MS Office 2007- Competency Certificate
• 2010: Loreto College Alumnae Association Medal - All round Contribution to College life
• 2010: Dr. P.C. Ghosh Memorial Prize: Best History Student
• 2009: Loreto College Samagam (Annual Concert) - Committed support
• 2008: Proficiency in History- Certificate of Merit
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
• 2020: Action Research English Colloquium hosted by English Australia
• 2020: Networking Skills 101 Program- City of Sydney
• 2020: Understanding IELTS Reading and Writing- British Council (Future Learn)
• 2020: Teaching English Online- Cambridge Assessment English (Future Learn)
• 2020: IELTS Academic Masterclass- RMIT English Worldwide
• 2018: POCSO Act- Awareness workshop
• 2017: Enhancing your Role as a Teacher in the 21st Century School
• 2014: Enhancement of Listening and Speaking Skills
• 2014: Communication in the 21st Century Classroom
• 2012: The Dynamics of Values- UGC Sponsored National Seminar
Perfect! Very kind and patient, Jacqueline was very encouraging to my young daughter who was very nervous about starting with a tutor.
Nikki's daughter is a sweet and soft spoken girl. She was a pleasure to teach as she listened intently, clarified her doubts and rectified her mistakes. Any teacher would be blessed to have a person like her as a student. She has demonstrated the skill of being able to think on her feet. She likes to read, so having grammar lessons around reading and writing will be undoubtedly useful.
Perfect! My children are very happy to learn with Jacqueline. She is very kind, very helpful. They can learn more than their school teacher. So we recommend that she is a good tutor. Don’t hesitate, you can try!
Yingyu has two wonderful and smart boys, who are very expressive. They have a critical mind which is praiseworthy. They enjoyed studying online as much as I enjoyed teaching them. There's no doubt they'll improve with constant motivation and assistance.
I met Jacqueline at an English teacher training course here in Melbourne. Jacqueline is a dedicated and hardworking teacher and attained the qualification with a higher standard compared to others. Her lessons are well planned, engaging and professional. I recommend Jacqueline to all students who would like to improve both academic and general English skills. Her commitment will make your English learning a pleasant journey.
Jaqueline and I completed the CELTA course at RMIT English Worldwide earlier this year. During this intensive course, she displayed both her exceptional teaching skills and experience. She also showed creativity and attention to detail in her work to ensure a quality end product. She has a warm and engaging personality and is confident in her ability. She is a team player who will always help when required. Jaqueline would be a great asset to any teaching organisation and is a pleasure to work with.
Jacqueline is an experienced and highly qualified language teacher who is always passionate about teaching. She is equipped with professional teaching skills in her previous teaching career. She really inspires me a lot in teaching language.
I studied teaching with Jacqueline and she is an excellent teacher with a friendly and patient attitude. She is very hard working and will strive to make your lessons feel enjoyable and rewarding.
english grammar lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$49||$29|
|5 hours||Not available||$242||$145|
|10 hours||Not available||$480||$290|