Most of my teaching has been in classes or rooms or offices. My students had varying degrees of English comprehension and conversation so I had to be inclusive and yet meeting different levels within the group. We always have fun.
My background is in community development having worked in over 7 S.E. Asian countries. In Vietnam, Myanmar and Laos I have taught English to mostly beginner and intermediate young adult and adult students. My focus has usually been with oral and conversational English. I am not qualified to teach English to children, although my wife is very qualified to do this.
Travel charge of $10.00 will apply for regions out of Douglas.
Cancellations must be made one day before lesson.
Discount rate must be paid in full before second lesson.
• Able to interact with people of many nationalities.
• Culturally sensitive. Worked and lived in over 9 countries over a 18 year period.
• Teaching English to non-English speakers.
• Created a Learning English manual for the Food Security Working Group staff in Yangon, Myanmar.
• Taught conversational English to the teachers of the History and Mathematics Department of Yangon University (Myanmar) focusing on English proficiency improvement.
• Taught conversational English to students for 5 hours a week, focusing on English proficiency improvement at ACE English Academy, DaNang, Vietnam
• Taught beginners English to office workers of the Agricutlure department in Salavan Laos PDR.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with written comprehension - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$250|