As a tutor currently entering my fourth consecutive year of English and Legal Studies tutoring, I've been exposed to a diverse range of student problems. Guided by my mantra that every student can improve if given the proper guidance, I have helped many of my students achieve significant improvements in their marks.
This is further helped by my personal successes, which include a HSC Advanced English mark of 92 and a Legal Studies mark of 93 (obtained in 2014, which is when I graduated from Sydney Boys High). Moreover, I am the current recipient of an Academic Excellence Scholarship at Western Sydney University, where I am a 4th year Bachelor of Laws/Criminology student. My WAM and GPA have both remained high throughout my first three years, resulting in consecutive placements on the School of Law Dean's Merit List.
More details about my personal successes may be found in the CV section below - I prefer not to dwell on this, as I believe a tutor is more accurately defined by the outcomes they obtain for their students instead of their own academic standing.
In terms of the first lesson, I usually dedicate it to learning about my student, both personally and as a budding academic. Subsequent lessons will be tailored to the student's needs - I am happy to focus on anything that may be of benefit to the student, including (but not limited to) analytical/essay writing, creative writing and comprehension. Due to my experience in classroom environments, I am completely comfortable with adapting the lesson as I go along.
Having been a tutor since the beginning of 2015, I've had the pleasure of teaching over 50 students with diverse interests and needs. The overwhelming majority of my students saw significant improvements, with many achieving results that they didn't even think was possible prior to the commencement of tuition. These included students starting with marks in the mid-50s range who later went on to achieve band 6 results in their final HSC exams.
In addition, I've worked for several different tutoring agencies, including classroom-based centers, as well as group-based and one-on-one agencies. This requisite experience has helped instill my tutoring style with a robust sense of flexibility, enabling me to more readily respond on-the-spot to changing demands in the classroom or home.
Standard rate: $40/hr
All rates negotiable. I generally reserve my lower prices for where:
- The lesson occurs at my place, and/or;
- The student agrees to commit to a set number of lessons
Travel charge is based on distance.
Please don't hesitate to clarify any of these details with me if you are unsure or wish to make a proposal!
• Study Point mentor, 2015-2016 [English and Legal Studies]
• Tutoring for Excellence tutor, 2015-2016 [English and Legal Studies]
• North Shore Coaching College 2016-2017 [English, casual]
• Learnmate Tutoring, 2016- [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Tutoring Advantage, 2016-17 [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Triple A Tutoring, 2016 – [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Prestige Tuition, 2016 – [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Alchemy Tuition 2016 – [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Power Coaching, 2017- [English and Legal Studies, casual]
• Private tutor [English, Legal Studies and Criminology]
Graduated from Sydney Boys High School (2014)
Advanced English: 92
Legal Studies: 93
Current 4th year Bachelor of Law/Criminology student at Western Sydney University
GPA: 6.21 (distinction-high distinction average)
• SBHS Ross Miller Memorial Award for best junior all-rounder (2011)
• Sporting Blue (Rifle Shooting, 2013)
• Rifle Shooting (Vice Captain of Rifles, 2014)
• HSC Year Perfect Attendance (2014)
• WSU Academic Excellence Scholarship (2015-18)
• WSU School of Law’s Top 5% High Achievers Function (2015)
• WSU School of Law Dean’s Merit List (2015 and 2016 Academic Years)
• Golden Key International Honour Society member (2016-)
• WSU School of Social Sciences and Psychology Research Assistant (Summer 2016)
I think that Minghao is trustworthy as he keeps the relationship between teacher and student very clear and professional. He would be a great teacher as Minghao obtains vast knowledge and will go to lengths to ensure that students grasp the knowledge he is passing on. He is very engaging as a teacher and understands the needs and difficulties that students face. I would recommend Minghao to the other Superprof members as he has done an astounding job to make me feel comfortable in the classroom and most importantly, encouraged me to learn as much as possible to ensure good results.
Minghao is an extremely capable tutor who I've come across by sheer luck, remarkably elevating my marks. Minghao's dedication towards providing continual improvement for his students places him apart from others. Not only this, Minghao's teaches in a manner which caters specifically towards his students' needs. In doing so, Minghao is able to comprehensively explain both fundamental and extensive elements until the student reaches a confident understanding necessary for exam application.
Minghao is a great tutor who throughly explains concepts really well and helps to unpack them in ways that students understand. He provides step-by- step methods to understand and breakdown difficult essay writing tasks. He is also very friendly, knowledgeable and easy to get along with.
written expression - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|