My teaching method is in stages, so stage 1 would be showcasing what we will be learning in the class, stage 2 the process from a-z on how to make the artwork to make it accessible web, print and digitally.
Monash University Graduate Graphic designer with 5 years of experience from Melbourne gives insightful classes on illustration, and packaging design (setting it up for print to be manufactured in stores). I worked in corporate for 3 years and freelance for 5 years.
Jun 2016 – Oct 2017
In my part-time Junior Graphic Designer position (from June 2016 - March 2017):
- To assist the head designer to create concepts and finish off jobs on her behalf while she worked on high priority jobs.
In my full-time Graphic Designer position (from January 2017 - October 2017, I have been promoted as head designer ending of December 2016):
- To run important projects for Bunnings and the brands that Master Distributors did business with or owned.
- To work with a head designer and assist them for the first 6 months and to run the design department under minimal supervision after the departure of the head designer for the last 10 months.
- Creating illustration graphics that informed the consumer about and how to use a device/product.
- To guide Brand Managers, CEOS, and Sale representatives in successfully creating artwork that ties while to their branding whilst successfully attracting their intended market.
- To work in a busy business office and warehouse.
- How to get accurate quotes from printers.
- To fulfil briefs for members of the company's: Brand Managers, CEOS, and Sale representatives.
- To work to strict deadlines whilst working on competing demands.
- To follow the policies and procedures in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) responsibilities.
- To create; Invitations, Signage and Packaging from the Initial stage.
- Ability to design, file, organise design files and artwork sign offs, product photography (including editing and resizing of images for Bunnings and all of company’s brand’s website) and linking products of the company's on the Bunnings website as well as uploading the brand’s shots onto Pronto.
- Responsibility to work for multiple brands as well as work for the main company and sister company.
- Ability to work with product managers in making sure the content is clearly translated to the consumers as well as unifying the overall style based on past works.
- Strength to communicate with suppliers and print companies to produce; Catalogues, business cards and signage.
Company Name: Lots Wife Magazine
Mar 2016 – Oct 2016
Location: Monash University Clayton
I have been a contributor to the magazine since March of 2016 to October 2016.
I was required to do illustrations that best reflect the articles written by other students as well as backgrounds and imagery to decorate particular layouts in the magazine.
I have currently been featured in Editon #2, #3, #4 and #5 (both print and digitally featured). Some of these illustrations are featured in the LotsWife website for the articles I did Illustrations for the print and digital version of the magazine.
- Creating artwork for an established magazine within the time frame and within the theme of the articles that the students wrote.
- To convert the artwork files that worked with their printers.
Below is the link to the digital versions of Lots Wife magazine:
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$285||$250|