Because I have taught a diversity of primary and high school students, I have tailored different teaching styles to individual children. In terms of lesson structure, I will generally start the lesson by reviewing the relevant learning content and going through worked examples of questions. I will then try to get the individual involved as much as possible by tackling different types of knowledge and problem solving questions. I will also ask whether the individual has understood the content at certain points, in order to ensure that they are comfortable with their learning progress.
I am currently a second year student studying a Bachelor of Laws/Commerce at the University of Queensland. Prior to this, I graduated from Brisbane Grammar School, achieving an OP 2 (ATAR 98.1), VHA grades in Biology, Chinese, English, Mathematics B and Mathematics C. Additionally, I have tutored both high school and primary school students through community service programs. Overall, my areas of expertise lie in mathematics and English, and I hope to pass on skills of analytical writing, creative writing, applied mathematics and theoretical mathematics. My availability is flexible, and I am willing to work during weekdays or Saturdays.
School Extracurricular Activities:
Student Representative Body, Enterprise Society, Community Service Committee, Academic Support Committee, Fifths XI Football.
University Extracurricular Activities:
UQ Law Society (UQLS), Financial Management Association of Australia (FMAA), UQ Banking Club (UQBC), UQ Australian Republic Club (UQARC).
Homework Club, The Exchange in Kelvin Grove:
• 2015, 2016 | Education
• As a member of the 2015/2016 community service committee, I participated in weekly visits to the Exchange in Kelvin Grove Village. Because a partnership was established between the Exchange, BGS and Kelvin Grove State College, this involved assisting KG primary students with their homework.
Receptionist, Brendale Clinic:
• November 2016 – October 2017 | Health
• Washing, packing and sterilizing medical equipment.
• Receiving phone calls, and scheduling appointments for patients.
• Processing bulk bill claims, and taking private payments via EFTPOS.
• Organizing mail, scanning and filing medical documents.
Independent Contractor, VMG Global:
• January 2018 – February 2018 | Marketing/Sales
• Specialties in brand awareness, customer acquisition, sales, and marketing.
• Building awareness of growing businesses and not-for-profit organisations.
• Representation on behalf of some of the largest charities in Australia, such as the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
• Specialised education programmes and daily workshops that focus on various aspects of marketing.
• Cooperation with different members of the marketing team, and access to knowledgeable coaches.
Personal Tutor, The Lime Zone:
• February 2018 | Education
• After school tuition and homework club, providing the Australian curriculum year level learning topics for literacy and numeracy.
• Facilitate learning through tuition at both individual and group level.
• Customise learning based on students' needs.
• Maintain folder of relevant information on each student being tutored.
• Managing appropriate student behaviour.
• Monitor the operation of the tuition and the reaction of students, as well as liaising with parents about student requirements.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about arithmetic lessons?
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|