The teaching is based on iterations of the following principles:
- Shaping the base vibration into a round, full sound.
- Mastering different circular breathing techniques through various exercices.
- Developing and use the natural harmonics to sharpen your sound.
- Enhancing further your play with overtones, shouts and other effects.
- Improvising and finding your own style and the way to play with others and other instruments.
- Lastly, feeling the connection between the instrument and the land!
I initially studied and played guitar then bass from when I was 13. Didgeridoo was the first world music instruments I learned together with Rajastani Jawharp and throat singing.
I have been playing Didgeridoo for 18 years as a multi instrument performer, in many venues in the world and with various musicians. It holds a special place in my heart.
I have recorded around 6 CDs that include Didgeridoo as well as some other of my instruments.
For references please check:
Please check (concealed information) for some of my work with didgeridoo as well as other instruments.
There are as many names as aboriginal tribes playing it (Yidaki for the Djinang, Mandapul for the Yolngu, ilpirra for the Arrente...), but it is commonly known as Didgeridoo in western world.
It is a powerful instruments. Played correctly, didgeridoo will bring you towards uncharted inner territories, help you to bring balance into your life and connect to the earth energies... nothing less. And not forgetting playing it solo or with others.
I thank the custodians of the land, past, present and future for bringing didgeridoo into our lives!
After the first class you have 2 options:
- 5 hrs pack: 180AUD needs to be consumed within 2 months.
- 10 hrs pack: 350AUD needs to be consumed within 4 months.
1993-2001: Guitar and bass player, various bands, 1 CD release.
- 2001-2005: "Barfellows", Trio Root Didgeridoo, 2 Studio CDs, 1 Live CD, Paris, France
- 2007: "The Brickfielders", Trio Didgeridoo, Khaen, Algoza, Jaw Harp, Cajon, Paris, France.
- 2009 - 2012: "Xiban", Chinese Han inspired world Music band. 1 CD released, Best New Shanghai Band 2012 award, Best new Chinese Band 2013 award, Best Folk Band 2013 award. Shanghai, China
- 2010 - 2017: founding of "SoundScape": World music blending Didgeridoo, Tibetan & Indian singing, Harmonium, Percussion, jaw harp, Algoza, Suling, Guembri... 2 Studio CD released, 1 Live CD release. 1 Studio recording for a documentary. Himalaya music Competition winner 2011, Best local band award from the Shanghai World Music Festival.
- 2018 - now: SoundScape Australia version; solo gigs; Mandacaru.
Music & Art:
- Music & Dance: with Dance2Move Company (2010 - Shanghai Expo); QiDance (2012 - 2017);
- First SoundPainting project in China.
- Music for the QiDance teaching workshop, QiGong Research Institute of Shanghai.
- Sound Healing.
- 2003-2005: Committee member then Vice-president of the Association "Vent du Reve", focusing on the use of Didgeridoo, jaw harp and throat singing.
Perfect! Renaud est un professeur remarquable qui habite en Australie : très calé, pédagogue, patient, enthousiaste et disponible. Le coût de la séance est en plus très raisonnable. J'ai fait d'énormes progrès grâce à lui. Je l'en remercie encore beaucoup. Je vous le recommande vivement.
didgeridoo lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$40||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||$180||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||$350||Not available||$400|