I offer structured and dynamic classes tailored to the student's learning style and goals. I try to make sure we get the most out of every session whether thats mastering one tricky topic that just hasn't clicked yet, bumping up test scores, perfecting exam technique, nailing an assignment or just powering through homework exercises as efficiently as possible.
I base the sessions around the curriculum the student is studying, and what we are trying achieve whether that is homework activities, preparation for a multiple-choice exam, assignments, extended answer written exams or extension material that goes beyond what is being studied in class. If we are just getting started or are beginning a new topic I generally start with an informal collaborative quiz/questionnaire to get a gauge of where the student is at and also the learning style and strategies that suit the student best. These can include tutor-led demonstrations, pop quiz style memory games, interactive example walk throughs or student-led exercises where I provide clues/examples at points of friction. I will generally ask for the syllabus and course materials before sessions so I can prepare ahead of time and we can make the most of the time we have together. I will also gather additional materials, exercises and activities from additional sources on topics we are looking at to complement and enhance understanding of the core course material.
I am a Sydney based tutor recently returned from London after completing a MSc of Environmental Economics at the London School of Economics. I completed my bachelor's degree at the university of Melbourne with majors in economics and geography with a first class honours result.
I have tutored students from primary school to undergraduate level and really enjoy sharing my love of learning and helping students achieve the results they want.
Cancellation Policy: Unfortunately I charge 50% for cancellations within 12 hours of the lesson as the hourly rate also includes the time before the lesson that is taken to prepare for the lesson.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 39 points (97.3 ATAR)
- University of Melbourne BA: Major in Economics/Major in Geography (1st Class Honours)
- London School of Economics and Political Science MSc: Environmental Economics and Climate Change (Merit, High Honours Dissertation)
- Focus on economic valuation methodology, quantitative methods, panel data econometric methods, environmental and resource economics (dynamic optimisation for renewable and non-renewable resources)
- Research assistant at the London School of Economics and Political Science department of geography working on OECD economic valuation project
- Management consulting internship - well versed in management consulting interview methodology including market sizing, 'back of the envelope' numerical skills and case study skills
economics lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with microeconomics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about macroeconomics lessons?
Taking econometrics lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|