I would change my teaching methods depending on the strengths of the student. I will be discussing with the students about the topics that need more focus and approach them by explaining the basic concepts, giving simple examples before moving to more complex problems. I will build up a trusted environment where mistakes are welcome because a student can improve from their mistakes rather than not trying at all. I ensure that there is a great chance that the students would end up enjoying the subject eventually.
I have been giving lessons to school children (Targeting Ordinary Level Examination and Advanced Level Examination) since 2012. Also, I've been working as an Academic Instructor at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka where I conducted laboratory, experimental and tutoring lessons for undergraduate students.
I have completed B.Sc. Engineering specialized in Chemical and Process Engineering (with First Class Honors) from a top university in Sri Lanka.
Currently I work as a Master of Engineering (by Research) Student at Edith Cowan University, Australia.
Executive – Lean Enterprise (Feb 2019 to Jan 2020), MAS Intimates (Casualline Division, Sri Lanka)
- Study and design training materials, according to the target audience.
- Conduct in-house training programs for new comers and existing employers as per their need.
- Monitor and follow up trainee performance and prepare skill matrix to identify further training requirement.
Temporary Academic Instructor (November 2017 to February 2018), University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Planned lessons with accordance to the curriculum.
- Established positive relationship with the students to facilitate learning and provided feedback.
- Conducted lab experiments and demonstrations to undergraduates.
- Conducted Pollution Control System Design classes to MSc students.
- Prepared Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory sessions.
- Worked as a visiting instructor to the Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences.
Conduct free tutoring sessions for Advanced Level students on Mathematics.
Volunteered in “Arunella”, a humanitarian project that includes conducting tutoring sessions for Ordinary Level students who lived in rural areas with low facilities.
Excellent! I have had help from Ishaka for Mathematics when I was an undergraduate engineering student. She will go out of her way to make sure her students completely understand the topic. I highly recommend her.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$20||$20||Not available|