I enjoy teaching others and helping people understand concepts that may seem difficult at first into something simple and straightforward. At the beginning of each lesson, I always ask my client to tell me everything they know about the topic of interest as to find gaps in their knowledge and understanding. Identifying this aids me in understanding where my clients strengths and/or weaknesses are. I then proceed to explain the area of difficulty with as much clarity as possible and regularly give them questions to quiz them. Once I am satisfied that they have a firm understanding, I will provide them with some "challenge" questions which will really test the topic at a high level. Regular revision periodically is essential for one to learn new concepts. I believe that tutoring is not just about teaching others a new formula or how things work. I always aim to make my students more efficient and disciplined in their studies because I believe that being competent at analysing and processing information quickly and efficiently is pivotal not just in studying but in life.
· Tutored a 7th grade student in mathematics and science for two terms (3 & 4). My student achieved a VHA+ in mathematics by the end of the year, from a VHA- from when I started. Science grade was maintained at VHA.
- Tutored an 11th grade student in physics last year for two terms. My student improved from a HA- when I started to a HA+ by the end of the semester.
· Current GPA of 6.75/7.00
· Graduated from Townsville Grammar School with an OP2 (ATAR 98.50)
· Physics and Mathematics C subject prizes earned in 2016 and 2017 respectively, including many academic awards throughout high school.
· Tutored a 7th grade student in mathematics and science for two terms last year
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about algebra lessons?
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|