My tutoring methods are catered to each individual or group of students. I am willing to assist the student in understanding the coursework of the curriculum they are studying through working through classwork and questions in each session. I am also able to provide more structured lessons to help the student be prepared for what to expect in future lessons or develop a more creative approach to the subject.
A goal of my tutoring is to promp the student to self inquiry so that they develop their own skills in discovery and understanding despite difficulty.
I am currently studying medicine in Armidale having completed the International Baccalaureate in High School. I studied SL mathematics (the equivilent of 3 unit HSC mathmatics), achieving consistantly high results of 6 or 7/7 in the various components. I enjoy not only understanding by helping others to understand the subject of mathematics.
If interested, please contact me to arrange an appropriate location.
Rates are negotiable depending on student circumstance and age.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- First Aid Certificate (Jan 2019)
- Working with Children Check (Jan 2019)
- National Police Check (Jan 2019)
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- School Dux (2018)
- Long Tan Award for Leadership (2018)
- College colour for Academia (2015, 2017), Performing Arts (2017), Leadership (2017) and Fellowship (2017)
- Nicholas Munro Award for Excellence in Biology (2017)
- Geoffrey Voller Prize for Chemistry (2017)
- All Rounder Awards: Caltex (2017); Stage 4 Outstanding achievement in all aspects of College life (2014); Stewart Ayres (2011)
- Gold Award - Achievement of over 75% “A grades” for effort in school report (2013 - 2018)
- John Lambert Awards – Excellent achievement and involvement in academic, sporting, co-curricular, community service and citizenship areas (2013 - 2018)
Rachel is an extremely dedicated student and tutor and has helped me greatly as a peer and friend during my high school years, I would not hesitate to recommend her to any and all people looking for assistance in any subject. She has a high regard for learning and a respect for all academia and a willingness to help other learn to the best of their ability.
She never fails to meet expectations and is always willing to go above and beyond what is asked of her due to her diligence and love for learning
Rachel has demonstrated a high level of conscientiousness and hard work over the course of her high-school study career. She has a genuine love of learning and discovery, and is also compassionate and sensitive to others needs. She was often encouraging friends with gentle coaching as they approached their schoolwork too.
Rach works incredibly hard, diligently and fully applies herself to everything she does. This doesn’t only apply to her studies; it applies to her sport, friends and family and leadership. This is a strong indication of her reliability and commitment.
Not only does Rach know the contents of a subject, she understands the concepts and can then communicate them really well. This is really important when it comes to tutoring someone who’s struggling because the student receives a really strong grounding that they can apply to many questions, rather than a singular solution to a singular problem (the whole teach a guy how to fish vs giving them one fish metaphor pretty much)
She’s also really patient and caring, so no scary tutors here!
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|