My teaching methods are very much catered to the individual. I am willing to assist them to work through coursework and answer any questions they may have, develop more structured and focussed sessions to assist in understanding and forward thinking, or more creative lessons if that is what will be most beneficial for the students own understanding.
I am currently studying Medicine at UNE in Armidale having completed the International Baccalaureate program in 2018. I have a love of History and have constantly been 1st in my cohort for compulsory and elective History. I hope to continue to share my passion of history through tutoring Primary or High School students until year 10. A goal of my tutoring is to promp the student to self inquiry so that they develop their own skills in discovery and understanding despite possible difficulty.
Prices are negotiable depending on age of the student and your circumstance
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- First Aid Certificate (Jan 2019)
- Working with Children Check (Jan 2019)
- National Police Check (Jan 2019)
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- School Dux (2018)
- Long Tan Award for Leadership (2018)
- College colour for Academia (2015, 2017), Performing Arts (2017), Leadership (2017) and Fellowship (2017)
- Nicholas Munro Award for Excellence in Biology (2017)
- Geoffrey Voller Prize for Chemistry (2017)
- All Rounder Awards: Caltex (2017); Stage 4 Outstanding achievement in all aspects of College life (2014); Stewart Ayres (2011)
- Gold Award - Achievement of over 75% “A grades” for effort in school report (2013 - 2018)
- John Lambert Awards – Excellent achievement and involvement in academic, sporting, co-curricular, community service and citizenship areas (2013 - 2018)
Rachel is an extremely dedicated student and tutor and has helped me greatly as a peer and friend during my high school years, I would not hesitate to recommend her to any and all people looking for assistance in any subject. She has a high regard for learning and a respect for all academia and a willingness to help other learn to the best of their ability.
She never fails to meet expectations and is always willing to go above and beyond what is asked of her due to her diligence and love for learning
Rachel has demonstrated a high level of conscientiousness and hard work over the course of her high-school study career. She has a genuine love of learning and discovery, and is also compassionate and sensitive to others needs. She was often encouraging friends with gentle coaching as they approached their schoolwork too.
Rach works incredibly hard, diligently and fully applies herself to everything she does. This doesn’t only apply to her studies; it applies to her sport, friends and family and leadership. This is a strong indication of her reliability and commitment.
Not only does Rach know the contents of a subject, she understands the concepts and can then communicate them really well. This is really important when it comes to tutoring someone who’s struggling because the student receives a really strong grounding that they can apply to many questions, rather than a singular solution to a singular problem (the whole teach a guy how to fish vs giving them one fish metaphor pretty much)
She’s also really patient and caring, so no scary tutors here!
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|