My teaching method is a Socratic and demonstration mix. I target where the student feels they have limited understanding and then expand on all curriculum items. The lessons would be varied. Sometimes it will start with a discussion on what they need to know, then an explanation of how to carry out their calculations, then a test at the end, not to just challenge them, but to build their confidence.
I have a great deal of experience in Maths (It's been a passion of mine since I was a young boy), and have applied that to engineering and IT, as well as project management. I have mentored children and adults in these areas.
• Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to provide a strong link between technical teams, management, vendor management and end-users support
• Extensive Project and Program management experience with an ability to manage concurrent work programs, priorities, deadlines, resourcing, change Management, and deliverables
• Equally strong in leadership of technical and business analyst resources
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) (Hons)
University of Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 1990 – 1993
BTEC N11 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Plymouth College of Further Education, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 1990
Chartered IT Professional, British Computer Society, Current
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition): Introduction to the AWS Cloud May 2020
AWS Elemental Live Foundations May 2020
Amazon DynamoDB – Architecture May 2020
Certified Safe 4 Agilist, November 2018
Agile Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, 2013
Prince2 Practitioner, CC Learning, 2008
ITIL Version 3 Foundation, APM Group, 2008
Software Project Management, Software Education, 2010
Finance for Non-Financial Managers, University of Auckland, 2010
References on request
• Highly skilled negotiator with strong bid track record and contract management
• Agile Scrum Master, SAFe & ITIL qualified, and a certified Prince2 Practitioner. AWS qualified and completed MS Azure course.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|