I grew up bilingual- speaking Finnish to my mum, and English to my dad. I will teach Finnish to anyone who wants to take on the enjoyable challenge of this Scandinavian language! Depending on the students' prior knowledge of Finnish, I will teach them grammar, pronunciation, written Finnish, and conversational Finnish, and any other help they may need. Most importantly, I will teach them to love the Finnish language like I do. I am a gentle teacher, and I will not push my students, but I will make sure that they make good progress each lesson.
I was a volunteer tutor at The Exchange in Kelvin Grove for over 2 years (2015-2017) while I was at Brisbane Girls Grammar School. I had several students from challenging and diverse backgrounds who needed someone to motivate and support them while they were at school. I helped them to improve their grades, pass their exams, enjoy learning, and to become more self-motivated with their homework and other studies. I believe that everyone who has an education deserves to thrive, and I hope that by helping students with Finnish, I can contribute to their academic success and love of languages.
Brisbane Montessori School (2004-2009, 2010-2012)
Berlin British School (2009-2010)
Brisbane Girls Grammar School (2013-2017)
• Graduated with an OP 3
• Academic Merit Award (2017)
• Subjects Studied: German, French, English, Modern History, Maths A, and Biology
• German Award (2014)
• Was one of the top German students upon graduating Year 12
• Obtained a St. John’s First Aid Certificate
Queensland University of Technology (2018-)
• Received an early offer to study a double degree of Psychology and Justice, and am planning to get into honours Psychology at the end of my fourth year of study.
finnish lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|