My previous teaching experience has primarily been with intermediate and advanced students, however I am familiar with the ‘Colourstrings’ methodology for teaching beginners (especially young children). I have had lessons from the creator of this method, Geza Szilvay,whilst in Finland and I began playing violin as a child through the Colourstrings method. I have observed several Colourstrings teacher training courses in the past 5 years. Nevertheless, I am very happy to discuss what methodology will work best for each student’s needs and adapt to best suit their goals, learning style and any particular requests!
Since completing my Bachelor of Music, I am currently continuing violin performance study at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music. I have extensive performance experience as a soloist, chamber musician and orchestral player. I have worked with teachers from many renowned schools internationally including the Julliard School, Manhattan School of Music and the Mozarteum (Austria).
○ Invited to perform at Tyalgum Chamber Music Festival in September 2021
○ Performed Waxman’s Carmen Fantasy as Soloist with Queensland Conservatorium
Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Peter Luff
○ Awarded Vada Jeffries Prize (student vote), Paganini Prize and Ronald Clifford Davis
Prize at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music.
○ Received lessons in the US and Canada from Patinka Kopec, Joseph Lin, Atis Bankas
and Axel Strauss
○ Travelled to Montreal with the Stanley Street Quartet to participate in the Musical Chairs
Festival, receiving tuition from Kim Kashkashian, Andre Roy, Peter Wiley, Matthew
Jones, Björn Christian Nyman, Leonhard Roczek and James Campbell
○ Performed as a paid mentee in Ensemble Q series concert 1 ‘The Man Who Cried’
○ Received video lessons from Patty Kopec and Filip Pogády
○ Participated in AYO National Music Camp, February Season and International Tour
○ Received Tuition from Aiko Goto, Dale Barltrop, Corey Cerovsek, Dimity Hall, Julian
Smiles and Janet Davies
○ Performed Wagner’s Siegfried Idyll alongside members of the Goldner String Quartet
and Queensland Conservatorium of Music faculty
○ Awarded the Matilda Jane Aplin Prize, Paganini Prize and Ronald Clifford Davis Prize at
the Queensland Conservatorium of Music.
○ Participated in Ensemble Q paid Mentee Opera Program
○ Performed with Ensemble Q at the Queensland Conservatorium in Beethoven Symphony
no. 7 septet arrangement by Paul Dean
○ Performed as a paid mentee at the Australian premiere of the Digger’s Requiem○ Received tuition from Dale Barltrop, Janet Davies, Umberto Clerici, Natsuko Yoshimoto,
Florian Dunderer and Gregory Lee organised by the Queensland Conservatorium of
○ Participated in Stradbroke Chamber Music Festival ‘Jani Haenke program’
○ Participated in Australian Festival of Chamber Music Winterschool
○ Awarded the ‘Paganini Prize’ and ‘Ronald Clifford Davis Prize’ at the Queensland
Conservatorium of Music.
● Secondary School
○ National Youth Concerto Competition - Recitalist (2016)
○ English Family Prize - Finalist (2017)
○ Member of the Australian Youth Orchestra (2017)
○ Participated in the Australian Youth Orchestra’s Young Symphonists program (2016)
○ Received lessons from Helfried Fister (Graz, Austria), Lauri Untamala (Finland) and
Réka Szilvay (Finland, 2015)
○ Member of the Australian Chamber Orchestra Academy (2015, 2016)
○ Awarded Empire Theatre Youth Bursary (2016, 2017)
○ Participated in Australian String Quartet Student Workshop (Toowoomba, 2016)
○ Participated in Queensland Symphony Orchestra Prodigy Project (Toowoomba, 2017
violin lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$450|