As a literature student and an English tutor i always strongly encourage analytical writing. In my lessons i always encourage students to think analytically, to try and see things from various perspectives, but, most importantly, to learn how to justify one's opinion or approach with relevant textual evidence.
I also strongly believe in the importance of varying methods of presenting information to students and am more than willing to alter my teaching method in order to better suit the student!
I have been tutoring since 2015 in maths and English, and am currently studying a secondary education/arts double degree (lit major).
I have worked with over 120 kids aged 4-17 with varying skills and capabilities which has allowed me to develop an in depth understating of how students function and the vast amount of teaching styles which teachers should understand how to apply in order to successfully adapt to each individual student. I also have three years of experience working with children with additional needs and developmental disabilities and currently work full time as a director of service in OSHC at a primary school.
The cost will be relative to the level of difficulty of the content being studied is by the student.
Year 7: $25
Year 8: $25
Year 9: $30
Year 10: $35
Year 11: $35
Year 12: $40
Email address: (concealed information)
• Open minded and willing to learn new skills
• Able to work well in groups and focus on the task at hand
• Enthusiastic contributor
2012- 2017 Glen Waverley Secondary College
Currently studying an arts/secondary education (honours) double degree at Monash University
COMPLETED VCE SUBJECTS:
Achieved a 95.4 ATAR in 2017
• VCE: Art (all units)
• VCE: French (all units)
• VCE: English literature (all units)
• VCE: English mainstream (all units)
• VCE: Russian (all units)
• VCE: Studio Art (all units)
• VCE: Mathematical methods (all units)
• Student of the year 2013 in Karate
• Performed in front of the governor of Victoria (choir)
• 1st kyu in karate (3rd brown belt)
• 1st in kata demonstrations consecutively for 3 years in in-house karate tournaments
• Finished 1st in a nationally ranked assessment in Kumon 4 years ahead in English studies
• Completed a 177km fundraiser bike ride
• Completed a barista course with the CBD college
• Achieved a raw study score of 46 in art and 43 in english for vce in 2017
Have been working as a tutor with Kumon Education Centre since 2015, teaching students aged 4-17 both maths and English
Perfect! Vera has a very structured method of teaching, it makes thing clear and easy to understand. Thank you Vera. Awesome have you.
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with literature lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about writing lessons?
Taking year 12 exam preparation lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|