I strongly believe that a student's best teacher is ultimately themselves, so in my teaching I will always encourage and guide them to appreciate beyond the notes on the page and to build a long-lasting love for the instrument, while always incorporating the necessary technical aspects of playing. I've had many great teachers and what they all have in common is great patience and care for their students, and that is something crucial I bring to my own teaching.
As a student myself, I understand the common struggles that can come with learning an instrument, and I will find creative ways around them and tailor my teaching to each individual student.
My method is based on the English and the Russian school of violin playing, and various levels of music theory will be incorporated as part of an all-round approach to learning.
I am fluent in both English and Mandarin and can teach in either language.
I am a classical violinist currently studying the Bachelor of Music degree at Melbourne Conservatorium of Music on scholarship. I have been learning the violin since I was seven, from professional musicians of Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra and Beijing Central Conservatory of Music.
I have taught violin and coached ensemble playing to students of various levels in my high school years, and have been well-liked as a friendly and dedicated teacher.
$50 - 1 hr
$45 - 45 min
$30 - 30 min
- ABRSM Grade 5 theory with distinction 2017
- ABRSM Grade 8 theory with distinction 2018
- member of Pettman Chamber Orchestra 2018
- soloist scholarship of Pettman National Junior Academy of Music 2018-2019
- concertmaster of Westlake Symphony and Chamber Orchestras 2019
- national semifinalist of NZCT Chamber Music Contest 2019
- Soloist Award WGHS 2019
- Musician of the Year WGHS 2019
- Ensemble Performance Award WGHS 2019
- Truby Williams Conservatorium Endowment Scholarship 2020
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||Not available|