My teaching method is face to face or online-based learning. I usually find out the problems of student first. After that, I will design specific lessons which are the best suitable to the students. I can teach undergraduate and Master student how to write laboratory reports. I can show what is the best structure lab reports and what should they write in reports. I always got a distinction marks for all my lab report.
I am a PhD student at University of Tasmania. My major is Medical Science. I have a Master degree in Cancer Research and Molecular Science. I am always a teaching assistant for my supervisor during my undergraduate and postgraduate. I used to be a teacher at The University of Science and have had much experience on teaching biological subjects. I also used to teach biology lessons for a group of 5 high school students. I often give feedback on reports and essays for Undergraduate students in Scientific fields.
Cancel 1 day before the study time: have a fine of $10
Cancel on the day of study time: have a fine of $25
EDUCATION & TRAINING
2020-2023 University of Tasmania, Australia
PhD candidate in Medical Science
Project field: Neuroscience
2018-2019 The University of Manchester, UK
MRes Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine Result: Distinction
Thesis title: Developing a synthetic lethality approach to target ectopic Notch activity as a potential anti-cancer strategy
2014-2015 Sheffield Hallam University, UK
MSc Biomedical Laboratory Science Result: 62.33/100 Merit
Thesis Title: “Investigation the influence of iron and chelator on SNCA RNA expression and DNA methylation related to Parkinson’s disease”
2008-2013 International University –VNU, Vietnam
Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology Result: 71.8/100 First class
Thesis Title: "Optimization of High-Resolution Melting Analysis for the detection of Alpha Thalassaemia based on a point mutation-HbCS”
Jan 2013 University of Tsukuba (Japan)
Certificate of Molecular biology
MAIN RESEARCH INTEREST
• Molecular diagnostics and Human genetics: analyze DNA, RNA, and protein to diagnose abnormal changes in genotypes and phenotypes related to human diseases, study innovative methods for early detecting cancer and effective therapies.
• Population study: find the association between candidate SNPs and breast and cervical cancer in Vietnamese by using biostatistics.
• Biopharmaceutical science: perform recombinant drugs by using gene transfection and cloning, cell culture, purification, stability bioassay validation for treating cancer, blood disease, diabetes, etc.
LONG -TERM EXPERIENCE
2017 – 2018 Nanogen Biopharmaceutical Company, Vietnam
Research group leader
Project: Studying media and assay development to find the best cell lines for producing recombinant protein Darbepoetin and Factor IX for anaemia treatment and blood coagulation stimulation
• Performed gene transfection and cloning assay
• Adapted different media to find the best medium for Darbepoetin and Factor IX recombinant cell clone growth
• Performed small- and large-scale Chinese Hamster Ovary cell culture
• Conducted bioassay like ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, IEF electrophoresis, realtime-PCR to validate the quality of protein.
• Performed in vivo experiments on the murine model to test the potency of recombinant drugs.
• Trained new people following risk assessment and participated in lab maintenance
2016 -2017 The University of Science- National University HCMC, Vietnam
Project: Studied the association between potential SNPs and Breast cancer to find biomarkers for cancer early diagnostic.
• Investigated how genes change and regulate in promoting breast cancer and found specific SNPs on the miRNAs and genes by using data from NCBI
• Designed qRT-PCR and High-Resolution Melting Analysis (HRMA) for genotyping
• Measured frequency of SNP on Vietnamese breast cancer population 2015 -2016
2013-2014 The International University- National University HCMC, Vietnam Teaching Assistant
• Optimized different methods for nucleic acid isolation and purification
• Developed molecular methods to detect abnormal DNA related human genetic diseases
• Assisted in designing syllabuses for 2 modules: Molecular cell biology and Molecular Diagnostics; designing molecular diagnostic practical lectures
• Assisted in supervising final year students
Nov 2013- Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU), Vietnam
Jan 2014 Research Assistant
• Extracted DNA from 1,000 blood samples
• Measured DNA concentration and arranged data
• Run PCR by using Lightcycler 480 machine (Roche)
July 2012 – TU DU hospital, Department of Medical Genetics, Vietnam
Oct 2012 Internship in Research Assistant
• Used molecular techniques (ARMS-PCR, real-time PCR) to detect specific mutations related to Thalassemia disease
• Participated in consulting the importance of prenatal and neonatal screening.
JournalsNguyen Thi Hue, Le Ngoc Yen, Tran Bao Ngoc. The Relationship between the Mutation rs3741378 of SIPA1 Gene and Breast Cancer in Vietnamese Women'’. 2014. International Journal of human genetics, 14(3,4): 161-168.
Nghia Le Tri, Giang Thanh Nguyen Dien, Anh Thi Lan Dang, Ngoc Tran Bao, Hue Thi Nguyen, Hien Tran Tinh. Optimizing a multiplex high-resolution melting curve (HRM) to diagnose G6PD deficiency based on Vianchan and Canton mutations. 2016. The Journal of Biomedical Research Therapy, 3(8): 757-769.
Tran Bao Ngoc, Nguyen Thi Hue. 2016. Optimization of a High-Resolution Melting method for the detection of Alpha Thalassaemia based on a point mutation (HbCS). The 6th International Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering in Vietnam (BME6). Chapter 32, pp. 177-183.
Tran Bao Ngoc, “Optimization of a High-Resolution Melting method (HRMA) for the detection of Alpha Thalassaemia based on a point mutation (HbCS)"; Oral presentation at Roche company conference, Vietnam, 05/2014.
Tran Bao Ngoc, “Breaking the Wall of Cervical Cancer”, Oral presentation at The Falling Wall Lab Vietnam conference, 05/2018.
Dec 2019 UTAS PhD scholarship
Oct 2017 Received funding for a cancer research project by The National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED)
Sep 2014 Regional Scholarship Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Jan 2013 Received funding for a student research project by The International University May 2015 Leadership award in Sheffield, UK
Computer and Bioinformatics:
• Design primer (primer 3 plus software and Umelt software- predict melting curve and melting peak for HRMA)
• Proficient in use of biostatistics software: STATA, R
• Proficient in use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
I have to say Elina is a really smart and enthusiastic tutor. I came to her when I was stuck with an assignment about cognitive behavioural therapy. I booked some appointments with her to discuss on the assignment. She is really helpful. After finishing my drafts, I sent her and she read carefully, then showed me where I got wrong. I remember she was so careful that she even showed a small mistake in my assignment.
I have been struggling with the assignments and essays for years, but Elina as a tutor has helped me get rid of that. She is dedicated, passionate, supportive and friendly in giving reliable feedbacks and helpful advice for my essays. She shows me how to avoid common mistakes in the essays, which helps boost my confidence as well as realise my potential. As a result, I also have improved and achieved good performances in those assignments.
She used to tutor me for biology. I can 100% recommend her to everyone. She is very patient, the way she explains is easy to understand. You will never regret picking her!!!
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with genetics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about molecular biology lessons?
Taking biotechnology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$220||$250|