I like to know what the student(s) is interested on and discuss how strong is his/her background and accordingly address the topics he/she needs to reinforce.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry that focused mostly in analytical techniques and organic synthesis. After completing my degree, I worked in the analytical chemistry field for 2 years for an environmental institution (AMSA). I also obtained a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering while conducting research in the polymer nanocomposites area. Lastly, I was conferred a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering for my work designing and manufacturing a 3D neural electrode using electrospun conductive microfibrous membranes. Currently, I am electrodepositing graphene coatings on Pt electrode arrays as a research fellow in a NHMRC grant executed between Monash University, UNSW and the Bionics Institute.
rate depends on the student level and on the location in case I have to travel. Cancellation is OK if you give 7 days notice, no refunds under the week period.
· Ph.D. in Materials Engineering. Monash University. Australia.
· M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering. Kyung Hee University, Republic of Korea
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry. USAC.
Studies and Publications
· Neural Electrodes Based on 3D Organic Electroactive Microfibers. (2018). Advanced Functional Materials. 28(12): 1700927.
· Chitosan Nanocomposite Films: Enhanced Electrical Conductivity, Thermal Stability, and Mechanical Properties. (2013). Carbohydrate Polymers, 92(2), 1783-1791.
· Cryomilling application of graphene to improve material properties of graphene/chitosan nanocomposites. (2013). Composites Part B: Engineering, 45(1), 682-687.
· Effect of Fe3O4 loading on the conductivities of carbon nanotube/chitosan composite films. (2012). Carbon Letters, 13(2), 126-129.
· 10th Word Biomaterials Congress, Montreal, Canada, May 2016. Poster presentation. Microfibrous PEDOT scaffold for neural recordings.
· 24th Annual Conference of the Australia Society for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Sydney, Australia, March 2015. Oral presentation. A PEDOT microfibrous electrode for neural recordings.
· Enhanced thermal stability of nanocomposite Fe3O4/MWNT/Chitosan films via Synergistic effect. ICCE-20: 20th Annual International Conference on Composites or Nano Engineering.
· Improved mechanical properties of aluminium/epoxy composites through silane functionalization of aluminum powder. ICCE-19: 19th Annual International Conference on Composites or Nano Engineering; World Journal of engineering.p-249.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT | MONASH UNIVERSITY | MAY 2018 TO DATE
· Developing graphene electrodes for clinical applications in the Forsythe Research Group, Supervising final year research project students (undergraduate); Mentoring and assisting PhD students with research related training; lab manager of the Forsythe biomaterials group in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Monash University, Clayton Campus.
PHD STUDENT | MONASH UNIVERSITY | NOV 2013 TO MAY 2018
· Developing PEDOT microfibrous electrodes for clinical applications in the Forsythe research group, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Monash University, Australia.
POSTGRADUATE STUDENT | KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY | FEB 2011 TO FEB 2013
· Postgraduate student and researcher in graphene and CNT nanocomposite materials in the Polymer Nanocomposite Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyung Hee University, South Korea.
TECHNICAL ADVISOR | AMSA | AUGUST 2008 TO SEPTEMBER 2010
· Elemental and physicochemical analysis of waste sediments, soil and water. Laboratory Technician/Technical Advisor in the Control, Environmental Quality and Lake Management Division. Authority for the Sustainable Management of Lake Amatitlán and its basin (AMSA), Guatemala.
TEACHING & RESEARCH ASSISTANT | USAC | JANUARY 2005 TO JUNE 2008
· June 2008 to August 2008, Interim Lecturer organic and inorganic chemistry at undergrad level. Interim Lecturer on the Inorganic Chemistry Department and Organic Chemistry Department of the Chemistry School: San Carlos University of Guatemala (USAC).
· January to November 2005 and January 2007 to May 2008, Teaching Assistant and demonstrating Organic Chemistry at undergrad level. Organic Chemistry Department of the Chemistry School, San Carlos University of Guatemala (USAC).
· August 2006 to May 2007, Research Assistant in the Project FODECYT 20-2006 “Synthesis of Analogues of the anti-Alzheimer drug Ampakin CX 516 from safrol”. Guatemala.
Jason has been my final year project supervisor who helped me do all the neural electrode related training and consolidate my knowledge of electrochemistry. He has been very patient and friendly, and he knows well how to explain complicated things in an easy way. I strongly recommend you to take his lessons where you can deepen your knowledge in chemistry (Jason has a chemistry background and he's a real expert) and learn how to implement it in your study or career.
chemistry lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with organic chemistry lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about environmental sciences lessons?
Taking science lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||$115||Not available||$105|
|10 hours||$225||Not available||$210|