I am happy to take students for fun (students choose pieces they are interested in learning), for exams (ABRSM, AMEB, etc.), or any combination thereof.
My lessons consist of different activities designed to develop your reading skills, aural skills, and piano technique; the background and context of certain pieces; and the application of knowledge obtained to pieces being learnt.
Although I focus on the performance aspects of learning the piano, I believe in encouraging my students to learn relevant background and theory to assist with their performances and to enable them to more fully enjoy pieces they are learning.
Types of lessons available:
- Age range from 4 years old and above (adults are welcome to learn).
- Suitable for beginners and intermediates up to Grade 8 ABRSM or equivalent.
- One-on-one lessons or Group lessons (group lessons only available for families)
- 45 - 60 mins sessions, once or twice a week.
I am a classically trained pianist from Indonesia, currently looking forward to teaching children and adults alike.
I specialise in teaching classical music on the piano and have had experience teaching children from ages 7 and above (across varying levels of knowledge and skills on the piano). I completed my Grade 8 Practical and Grade 6 Theory ABRSM exams in 2015, achieving high distinction marks for all my practical exams.
Thanks to my previous experiences, such as going through the ABRSM exams and my teaching experience, I am confident in my abilities to guide any student to learn pieces for any purpose.
Bulk booking discounts are available for online lessons ($180 for 5 hours, $360 for 10 hours).
Monthly fees also available to those who are looking for regular weekly lessons.
Make up classes can be organised with a notification at least 24 hours before the booked session(s). Exceptions can be made for emergencies.
Private Piano Tutor Lessons in Indonesia (2013 - 2014)
• Taught beginner, intermediate, and advanced piano lessons.
• ABRSM and local music school exam preparations up to Grade 8 ABRSM equivalent level.
• Local piano competitions and recital preparations.
• Beginner Theory lessons (up to Grade 4).
• Solfege lessons (for beginner and intermediate students in groups).
- Grade 8 Practical ABRSM (Distinction)
- Grade 6 Theory ABRSM (Merit)
- IB Music Higher Level - 7
- Working with Children Check
- Federal Police Check
I've never been big on music theory and how it relates to my playing. I have always 'just played' whatever I wanted but because of this I've always struggled with the concepts of keys and mode. Luckily for me, Agnes was able to explain it all in VERY simple, relatable terms and now I have at least half an idea of what's going on versus the years of misunderstanding this simple concept.
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with piano lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about piano keyboard lessons?
Taking music lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|