- My Lessons & Teaching Style -
To check my professional teacher’s profile and students’ reviews on italki:
1. My lessons are generally culture-oriented, with some improvisations, new ideas, news, Internet slang, movies and books, and intercultural elaborations in each class - keeping it light and fun.
2. A trial class is highly recommended before starting formal courses. We will discuss your primary goals, and analyze your weaknesses and strengths, please message me a short personal introduction before our first lesson so that I can make individual lesson plans for you.
3. You can also ask me any questions via Wechat/Messenger/Skype anytime, and I will send you feedbacks generally within 2~6 hours. I have created a group chat consisting of 40+ language enthusiasts who are also willing to help you across all levels. Looking forward to you to join us!
- Teaching Materials -
My teaching database includes:
 Textbooks: Boya PKU/Integrated CN/Conversational CN 301 (pdf+mp3)
 Animation: 2500+ Chinese Characters' Stroke Order
 Audio files: BBC Podcast of 20th Century China (35 Episodes)
 Video files: 'Interviews with CHN Writers'/'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'/'A Bite of China'/'The Wedding Banquet'/'Cloud Atlas' etc.
 Image files: IPA chart/Ancient Characters/Map of Dialects
 Presentation slides: Introduction to Chinese Culture (16 Lessons)/ Contemporary Chinese Literature (33 Lessons)
 General Books: 'The Journey To The West'/'1984'/'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'/'Red Sorghum'/'Deng Xiaoping - And the Transformation of China,' etc.
 Video game: ARPG Wuxia 'The Legend of Moon Shadow' (Full Chinese Only).
After our sessions, I will have nothing else to show you but helping you study at our finest Peking University and Tsinghua University since you have made yourself a true scholar!
> BA + TA in Chinese, MA student in Digital Communication/Culture
> Culture-oriented methodology
> Individual Plan & Wechat/Messenger group
> Full access to materials on my Google Drive
Hi, I’m Jason. 你好！我叫邹皓易，悉尼大学(USyd)数字传播硕士在读，很高兴认识你！作为一名汉语言文学专业的毕业生，我已经有两年多的相关教学经验。
As a Chinese Language graduate with 2+years teaching experience on italki.com previously, I am currently studying MA in Digital Communication & Culture at Usyd. And I'm more than happy to meet more Aussies on this platform, either online or in person.
So, glad to have you on board!
As a saying goes - 授人以鱼，不如授人以渔
That means 'To teach a person fishing is always better than give your fish.'
Thus, there's no limitation for pushing your Mandarin ability to a higher level.
- Me as a Teacher -
I’m a postgraduate student researching Political Communication. I like Media, Dystopian Films, Talk Shows, Badminton, and Scuba Diving!
Most of my working experience has motivated me to become a ‘Cultural Ambassador’ using intercultural methods. My ultimate goal is gallivanting among tremendous idea bubbles through this job and learn from them without stereotype and arrogance.
Thus, it is especially vital that we are equal, eager to study together and tolerant different opinions. It's my pleasure guiding you to be a fisherman/woman instead of having salmon from the textbook alone. ”和而不同，求同存异” is what I want to achieve through teaching.
And a shout out for my friend in Canberra, she's also an attentive and supportive pro!
Travel charges differ according to distance traveled.
I will wait 10 minutes for the student every class, but if a student does not attend the lesson after 10 minutes, this class will be marked as completed. Any prior notice of Cancellation/Reschedule is acceptable. Thank you for the understanding.
- Awards & Honors -
Outstanding Dissertation, Humanities College, Huaqiao University
Title: An analysis of themes and styles of dystopian films and TV shows
Mentee of Advance Awards Mentoring Program, Advance Global Australians
• A national award-mentoring program funded by the Australian Government
• Mentored by Brook Andrew to design a fact-checking tool to improve ‘fake news’ issue
- Relevant Experience -
2019 - 2019 Columnist
Published works covering social media, creative story & culture
2019 - 2019 Queer Officer
Postgraduate and Research Students' Association -Australia,Canberra
ANU Postgraduate and Research Students' Association Responsible for LGBTIQ+ advocacy and events execution Represents PARSA on the following committees: ANU Ally Committee / PARSA Equity Committee Respectful Relationships Student Working Group PARSA Queer Advocacy Committee (Chair)
2017 – 2019
Mandarin and English Teacher at Italki.com
• Bilingual teaching and customer service with a rating of 4.9/5.0
• Maintained the academic/business global network
2016 – 2016
Receptionist and Tutor at the Interlingua English Training School
• Promoted various courses to future students
• Introduced the campus to potential costumers
• Called parents to inform any announcement
• Taught non-Chinese teachers Mandarin Chinese
2014 – 2016
Teaching Assistant for Associate Professor Yajie Zheng
Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Huaqiao University
• Prepared lectures
• Managed the transcripts of recordings of People from the Xinjiang Uygur Region
• Graded essays for international exchange students
• Collected primary materials to facilitate Professor’s research projects
chinese lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - chinese lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - chinese lessons?
Taking written comprehension - chinese lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|