I enjoy teaching using visual presentations and interactive methodology to suit learns of all types. Teaching would be for undergrad public health students and people requiring extra help in areas such as writing assignments.I am also able to assist in teaching basic English skills.
I am a qualified nurse with 34 years of progressive nursing experience. I have teaching experience with new, graduate nurses as well as homestay students. I excel in teaching about the social determinants of health to prevent stigma and discrimination within the community environment.
Cancellation Policy- 50% of fee if within 24 hours
Extensive progressive nursing career for 30 years that includes delivering high standards of professional practice and care. Orchestrating educational schedules for new nurses and supervising learning needs within various specialities. Critical thinking and analyzing problems, through expertise gained within healthcare organisations, to deliver timely projects.
Master’s in public health University Victoria 2018
Bachelor of Science in Nursing University of Victoria 2013
Diploma in Diabetes University of Teesside 2002
Diploma in Ophthalmology University of Nottingham 1996
Diploma in Teaching and Assessing University of Nottingham 1996
Registered General Nurse School of Nursing Nottingham 1988
Clinical Coordinator. Sept 2017-Present. Vancouver Coastal Health. Vancouver.
Front line leader in a downtown east-side primary care clinic that supports staff and clients. Knowledge of complex healthcare needs including substance use, mental health, homelessness, social isolation and chronic diseases are paramount to serve clients ethically and fairly.
• Delivers high standards of professional client care. • Manages and leads staff within a health care structure.
• Critical thinking and analysis to deliver timely projects. • Designs and implements educational information and mentors junior staff in orientation.
• Manages staffing levels. • Facilitates and diffuses conflict within the clinic.
• Motivates staff to pursue educational training. • Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
Practicum Graduate Student. Sept 2016-March 2017. Fraser Health Population Health Department
Graduate student liaising with a housing consultant within a large health care organisation. Initiated, designed and delivered time sensitive projects within a fast-paced environment.
• Strategic planning and program development. • Assisted in the delivery of a nurse led framework within a shelter environment.
• Collaboration with senior leaderships teams, health authorities and non- profit organisations. • Created and delivered a PowerPoint presentation to reduce stigma in an ER.
• Conceptualized the need for IT optimization to record data regarding homeless populations. • Developed an advocacy framework portraying the connections of health outcomes and how to ameliorate these across the housing spectrum.
Home Health Liaison. July 2015-September 2017 Fraser Health
Registered nurse working in a hospital environment expediting hospital discharges.
• Initiated and facilitated client specific care planning to ensure successful transition from hospital to home • Educated clients and families to appropriate resources within the community.
• Communicated effectively with interprofessional teams and developed relationships with clients and families to ensure appropriate discharges • Excellent computer skills and knowledge of PARIS and Gold Care
Site Leader and Acute Access Coordinator. Casual Position. Fraser Health
• Supervised clinical staff, acted as role model and provided clinical resources for effective, safe, patient care. • Managed staffing resources and assigned staff appropriately and efficiently.
• Coordinated and implemented appropriate bed utilization of ten-hour rule to improve access and flow of patients. • Critical thinking skills to determine safe effective practice.
Registered Nurse- ER, Medicine, surgery, ophthalmology (advanced nurse) spanning 20 years of nursing practice.
Reserved Forces (UK) Captain- including active service in Gulf War.
• Operation Red Nose • Social Policy Advisory Committee
• Homeless Count 2017 • Health Equity Working Group
health and human development lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with nursing lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about public health lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$49||$44|